The Firearms Forum banner

Mosin Clears it's Throat

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  gandog56 
#1 ·
Went to the range today. The weather was great, 71 degrees and a little cloudy-not your typical Delmarva Peninsula Christmas weather. It was "AR" day at the range. Most of the shooters had AR15's. I started with my .22 rifles, then ended with my 1955 Mosin-Nagant Type 53 carbine. You gotta love it when you start shooting. It's the loudest rifle on the range, and everyone turns to see what is being fired. Then they see the muzzle blast. For all the money they have in their AR's, I seem to get more attention and questions about my $150.00, 58 year old rifle. Life is really good.:D

#4 ·
I absolutely love my Type 53. The stock was beat-up when I purchased it, but the metal and stock really came to life with some cleaning. And at 50 yards, I can clear the center out of a bullseye. For being one of the cheapest rifles I have ever purchased, it has turned out the be the most fun, and it is built like a Russian tank.

#12 ·
+1 on the Draco noise! I get the same looks from my PSL in the 7.62x54, but if I has stranded on a desert island I would take my m44 over any of my over rifles!

#15 ·
I just picked up an M44 this weekend.. all these post are killing me… looks like Ill have to go to the forrest and light the carbine off just to feel the Mosin "rush"… the local range is still closed due to the 2 foot of snow covering the ground!

#18 ·
You should have been at the range with me and two buddies. We took the furthest three lanes and opened up with three Mosin Nagants. Everybody there including the range officer wandered over our way at one time or another to see what was making that gawd awful racket. We were shooting under some overhangs with sound muffling foam. Pieces of the foam were flaking off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.