mosin nagant 91-30

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by zkovach, Oct 12, 2009.

1. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I have a couple of these and have seen posts of 1-2" groups at 100 yrds. I seem to have trouble with that. It seems i can hit the target and then every approx. 3rd or 4th shot is way off. I noticed that it happens more with surplus ammo. Also the rifling seems pretty strong in the rifle so; is this as accurate as these guns shot or could it be some other factor? If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Also 2nd question My father in law wanted to hunt with one for deer but does any manufacturer make a hunting load for these? Thanks.
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Mine does that too, I blame the surplus ammo (I don't think it's all that consistently made).
  3. OklahomaBrian

OklahomaBrian New Member

Yes Winchester makes a soft point round but I haven't tried it in mine yet.Seems to be sold out whenever i can find it.
  4. Charlie the sniper

Charlie the sniper New Member

England, thats the USN aircraft carrier near europ
    Nagant surplus ammo is to blame, I do use it, but when I use factory ammo, the accuracy increases.
  5. pawn

pawn Active Member

6. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I figured it was the surplus ammo but i bought some wolf ammo for it and noticed the same but not as often.