Mosin Nagant cleaning rods...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/6/01 9:55:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Mosin Nagant cleaning rods...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know the 38/44/53 rods are 17-18" long. How long are the 91/30 ones supposed to be? Anybody have one they could measure for me?

I see Tapco has '29" Mosin Nagant' ones for sale for like 14.99, but that sounds long...91 you think?

I got three 91/30s that look kinda like they were neutered...gotta get some, I'm sick of looking at my poor nekked wartime guns without their rods...

Bob In St Louis
    (5/7/01 6:56:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Mosin Nagant cleaning rods...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The M91 cleaning rods are 29", the M91/30 cleaning rods are a tad longer than 26".
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

polishshooter
    (5/7/01 8:04:52 pm)
    Thanks Bob.

Actually, I posted this for more than one reason. I was 199, I was waiting to see who would be 200...kinda thought it'd be you!

Ya know anywhere I can get 91/30 rods cheap? $20 from Sarco ain't cheap in my book.

I found a guy on Tucos site that makes repros for any Mosin for $12, might be my best bet...

I found type 53 rods cheap at SOG but they're gone, they work fine on 44s, in fact some matched the ones that came on my Russians perfectly.

Bob In St Louis
    (5/7/01 8:18:50 pm)
    I got some of the Type 53s from SOG also for my M44s.

As for the 91/30, have you tried Springfield Sporters? They have an assortment of cleaning rods, and their prices are normally quite reasonable. 724-254-2626

Just looked in their add in Shotgun News - they have 17" Russian rods for $20.00. They have tons of other rods for $5.00 each. I guess the guy from Tuco's might be the best bet.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

polishshooter
    (5/7/01 9:29:36 pm)
    I guess we found out where those cheap 53 rods ended up, huh?

Why didn't I (we) think of that...