Mosin Nagant Front Sight Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by aclarion, Sep 15, 2005.

1. aclarion

aclarion New Member

I just received a Finn reworked Mosin Nagant 91-30 and the front globe sight slides right off. Any idea's on how I can keep it on?

Thanks,
    Rick
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Rick:

If it is in a dovetail sometimes if you upset the metal in the bottom of the dovetail it will tighten the sight in the dovetail. You can do that with several (say 5 or so) center punch marks on the bottom of the dove tail cut. Or you can place shim stock in the bottom of the dovetail. It should be tight enough that a hammer and brass punch are required to install the sight in the dovetail.

LDBennett
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

That's what I'd do too. Take a sharp punch and "pien" the bottom of the channel. That should raise up the metal around the indentation and provide enough friction to keep it in place. It won't be visible either. A shim will be hard to get in there properly, as it won't want to stay with the sight when you move it around.
  4. aclarion

aclarion New Member

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll give it a try!