Mosin Nagant M39

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by blackdouglas, Aug 5, 2012.

1. blackdouglas

blackdouglas New Member

I bought a Mosin Nagant M39 recently, and I can find next to nothing about it. The end of the barrel says "M39 Finland 7.62x54R; CAL. ST. ALB. VT." Then "[SA]; VKT; D; 64216; 1944". Lastly, there's a shield that appears to be a flower with two olive branches with "II K" underneath. It is a beautiful gun, and my pattern from one hundred yards surprised me. I'd just like to know more about it. If you have facts/opinions, please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. CHW2021

CHW2021 Active Member

3. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

You have what is a Finnish capture Mosin Nagant M39. The M39's are known as the best every made. You have a nice collectable Mosin Nagant. A 1944 VKT in excellent condition is worth $350-$400.

Read this page for all the information on what you have.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/finland/finnish_mosin_nagantm39.asp
  4. blackdouglas

blackdouglas New Member

Thank you!!!!!
  5. armenjs802

armenjs802 New Member

Well, one of the few banned States in US, and for
    This is my first M39, i received it last night. Well let me tell you, it is like day and night. I have four 9130 and one m44. The feeling you get handling M39 is totally different. I have not shot this yet but, i sure I wont be disappointment. One thing I noticed is the bolt on 9130 wont operated on m39. At least mine doesn't. I also fixed the rear sliding sight. Yeah, it was gunk all over he underneath the sight, and stopped the movement. I used gunsmith mallet and little Mineral Spirits and got it loose. Bore actually very nice for 65+
    Well, her she is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Those are some really nice M39s. I had a choice between an M39 and an M44 - I opted for the M44 and realized afterwards that I'd made a mistake. That M-44 was really inaccurate. Might have had something to do with the permanently mounted bayonet? Sold it off after only a couple of months. Wish I'd gotten the M39 instead.

Hope you guys post some range reports soon. Thanks!
  7. WRC

WRC Member