1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mosin Nagant M39

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by blackdouglas, Aug 5, 2012.

1. blackdouglas

blackdouglas New Member

I bought a Mosin Nagant M39 recently, and I can find next to nothing about it. The end of the barrel says "M39 Finland 7.62x54R; CAL. ST. ALB. VT." Then "[SA]; VKT; D; 64216; 1944". Lastly, there's a shield that appears to be a flower with two olive branches with "II K" underneath. It is a beautiful gun, and my pattern from one hundred yards surprised me. I'd just like to know more about it. If you have facts/opinions, please let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. CHW2021

CHW2021 Active Member

3. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

You have what is a Finnish capture Mosin Nagant M39. The M39's are known as the best every made. You have a nice collectable Mosin Nagant. A 1944 VKT in excellent condition is worth $350-$400.

Read this page for all the information on what you have.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/finland/finnish_mosin_nagantm39.asp
  4. blackdouglas

blackdouglas New Member

Thank you!!!!!
  5. armenjs802

armenjs802 New Member

Well, one of the few banned States in US, and for
    This is my first M39, i received it last night. Well let me tell you, it is like day and night. I have four 9130 and one m44. The feeling you get handling M39 is totally different. I have not shot this yet but, i sure I wont be disappointment. One thing I noticed is the bolt on 9130 wont operated on m39. At least mine doesn't. I also fixed the rear sliding sight. Yeah, it was gunk all over he underneath the sight, and stopped the movement. I used gunsmith mallet and little Mineral Spirits and got it loose. Bore actually very nice for 65+
    Well, her she is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Those are some really nice M39s. I had a choice between an M39 and an M44 - I opted for the M44 and realized afterwards that I'd made a mistake. That M-44 was really inaccurate. Might have had something to do with the permanently mounted bayonet? Sold it off after only a couple of months. Wish I'd gotten the M39 instead.

Hope you guys post some range reports soon. Thanks!
  7. WRC

WRC Member