Mosin Nagant question????

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by big steve, Jul 25, 2010.

1. big steve

big steve New Member

At my local Cabelas they have a bunch of Mosin Nagant 91/30 and I really want to purchase one. My question is they are all in pretty good condition except they are $150 doesn't that seem to be a bit much even though they are in pretty good condition I mean online I see places where you can pick them up for $100. So I am just inquiring about this.

Thanks,

Steve
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Ok

yes it seems a bit much that normal , about $129 for a good one seems to be a average

but were was it made ?

Only two arsenals built M91/30s in the Soviet Union, Tula and Izhevsk.

Tula is prefered , dunno why , but have always brought a slightly higher price i've noticed

this is the Tula mark (left with the star )

and to it's right ( i hope ) is the Izhevsk

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  3. big steve

big steve New Member

I didnt get a real good look as to exactly where they were made. I just saw years most them were 1944. I am going to have to take a look for that next time I go as to where it was made.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Also Cabelas have a bigger over head, so you pay more, but all will be inspected and warranted to some degree, you gotta decide if that worth anything to you , or to save your dollars , buy private and suss out yourself if its a good rifle ..

i sold part of my collection through cabelas, I shipped a lot of rifles and others to the US when they where banned here,

they did refuse to sell a couple so know they wont sell "iffy" rifles, but they did broker them for me as collector item only and arranged one to be repaired , you do get what you pay for with them, but its always at the upper level

cheers
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  5. big steve

big steve New Member

Thank you very much for the input
  6. jbradshaw3

jbradshaw3 New Member

Also consider that if you purchase online, you will be paying an additional $15 for shipping and $25-$30 for the FFL transfer. You should check out the gun shows. I was able to buy a Tula M44 Mosin Nagant for $100 in very good shape at the Fort Worth Gun Show. Good luck.
  7. big steve

big steve New Member

Yes I will. Thank you for your input.
  8. CHW2021

CHW2021 Member

Buy one ... or two; the Mosin is a excellent buy @ $100.00. Cabellas has run these at 100.00 in my area and the rifles have been just fine quality, you will have a chance to handle the rifle while the paperwork is being processed; if you are unhappy with the one the clerk brings ask for another. The collector value is there but these guns are better as a shooter.To heck with the shows or on line, at the price give it a whirl..... you can not loose.
  9. big steve

big steve New Member

Thanks a lot for the input.
  10. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Unless you spring for that C&R license. Heck I have saved over 200 bucks in transfer fees alone the year and a half I had it. :D
  11. big steve

big steve New Member

Yeah that does sound like a good idea.
  12. big steve

big steve New Member

I think today I am going to take a run up to Cabelas to see if I can find any of the Mosins that were made in the Tula armory.
  13. gandog56

gandog56 Member

And a hex receiver!
  14. big steve

big steve New Member

I didnt get a chance to go today gandog. And FYI i just responded to your PM
  15. redfred

redfred New Member

I went to my local Cabela's a few weeks ago and they had about a dozen 91/30's, marked $99 each. I had a friend who was looking for one, so I called him to let him know. He didn't answer, but called me back in about 15 minutes. I was still at Cabela's so I thought I would go see how many were left. They still had a rack full, but the prices had been changed to $129. I thought I had been seeing things, so I asked the guy there, and he said that the sale was only for a few hours. I asked when they would go on sale again, and he just grinned and said, "your guess is as good as mine!"