Mosin-Nagant Snipers, and P/U Scopes

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by ski9393, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

I own a nagant sniper, kinda, it's a finn rifle that I put a P/U and bent bolt body onto. Anyway, I have figured out most everything I need to about it except, which way the nobs move the point of impact. The knobs are 0(centerish) +1-9 and -1-9, so does + move the point of impact left or right? I know that each "click" or mark is about 3 inches at 100 but I don't know which direction. Does anybody know for fact? I'm sitting at work right now and if I remeber correctly moving to the -(negative) moves the crosshairs left which would be a poa to the right, I think. Any help is appreciated.
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I find it easiest to think of scope corrections this way:

If you hold the gun's scope steadily on the point of aim for the shot you just took, you move the crosshairs to where the gun shot the bullet without moving the gun.

Another way to look at it is if the bullet goes off to the left of your point of aim then you have to move the crosshairs to the left to correct and vice versa.

Hope that helps.

LDBennett
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

negative - is left if I remember correctly.
  4. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

So if the Crosshairs move to the left, the shot goes to the left, or if they go right so does the shot? I thought it was oposite, like if you move the crosshair right the poi goes left. I've had two exams today so I'm already kinda fried.
  5. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Thanks Helix, By the way you do mean negative moves the shot left, correct/
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

yes with a scope to move your poi to the left, move the cross hairs to the left or negative, in your case by turning the knob - or L direction. To move you poi up move your crosshairs up or positive, in your case turn the knob + or in the Up direction.
    Moving the opposite way applies to front sights only. Scopes and rear sights you always move the sight or crosshair in the way you want the bullet to go.
  7. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

8. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Thanks, all these years, and wasted ammo, geez. I'm Polish (No really I am, like my family came from just north of Warsaw).