The Firearms Forum banner

Mosin scopes

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TheGunClinger 
#1 ·
Ok mosin owners, what scope do you use? I have been through 3. the last one was not a cheap one either. I can't find one that will take the recoil. I am sure an original PU will but I just don't like them. Any suggestions?

#7 ·
I used a jmeck scope mount: http://jmeckscopemounts.com/ It is the steel variety that has see thru for the iron sights. I used low rings and it holds my 6-24X50 FFP EBR-2C Vortex PST. In the standing position, I could use another 1" of eye relief to accommodate the arch angle stock. At a bench or laying down, it is good. I might contact them for another scope bracket that goes on top of the actual base mount to give me more options.

#8 · (Edited)
I tried an AIM scout aswell and it lasted about 60 rnds , not all in one day, then on shot 60 the front lens fell out and internal parts fell out. the next one was a wal mart purchase and the thing just shook apart with parts just falling off with each shot. the last was a bushnell banner and the rear lens cracked after about 15 shots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.