1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mossberg 151M Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by dnttech, Apr 9, 2012.

1. dnttech

dnttech New Member

Hi...new member and though I've been around firearms all my life, I've never seen or heard of this particular rifle until one was recently given to me.

Trouble was found after the rifle was cleaned and lubed...it needed it badly, the thing was filthy. I've found the rifle will not always cock the trigger after charging the bolt...sometimes it will, most-times it won't. Also, on those times it will cock the trigger, it fails to eject the spent case (CCI 22 LR-HP.) During those times I'll either get a stove-pipe or a crushed case. She loads into the stock cleanly and the .22's seem to be feeding down the lenght of the stock to the breech quite easily. In the event she does fire, I've found the spent case is stuck while the fresh round is also jammed into the receiver as well.

I guess in other words, she won't fire consistently, she won't feed consistently; nor, will she eject at all.

Since this seems to be the most technically correct forum I could find, I figured this may be a good place to start my quest for answers.

Thank for any and all help.

Bob
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

You call your rifle "she" so you should expect a lot of temperament. ;)

Seriously, I wonder if the rifle was put together properly after cleaning. I don't think any manuals are available for that gun, but you might enter "Mossberg 151" into Google and see what pops up.

Gun Parts Corp has some parts for the 151 and you can find a schematic for the similar 251 here:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7578

Jim
  3. Max Donovan

Max Donovan Member

Hello Dnttech; Possible a chamber mouth dinged by shooting and/or dry firing. I start all guns like this with a chamber ironer and/or chember reamer. Anybody who shoots 22s a lot should have a chamber reamer. Let your friends contribute $10 to the reamer fund when you use it on their guns and it will pay for itself. Best, Max
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member