Mossberg .22 cal AR.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Iron Eagle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have the Mossberg AR in .22 cal? What do you think about it? I want one!
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I guess, you are talking about the Mossberg 715T.

[​IMG]

The above is actually this Mossberg 702 Plinkster that sells for around a hundred dollars in a different skin. Imported from Brazil.
    [​IMG]

My neighbor has one so I shot it and checked his over. I don't want one...

Just want to add...I am a big fan of Mossberg vintage rifles but lately Mossberg has been making far too many bad decisions for me.

That's my opinion and I'm sure some love it.
  3. Iron Eagle

That's cool. I really liked it. True, I have not fired it so I don't know how well it can do.
  4. lead

lead Active Member

Gunhugger, what about it didn't you like? My son has one of the Plinksters that he's had for 3 or 4 years. It's no Ruger 10-22, but it's been pretty reliable and he's had fun with it.
    Just curious.
  5. bbqznbeer

bbqznbeer New Member

Mine have been all fun.
    There have been some reports on magazine problems but I've got 4 , 25rd mags ( 3 are aftermarket ) with zero probs.
    Between these two rifles , I've Got over 10,000 rds thru them .
    Surprizingly accurate .
    The only issues have been with a few FTF's with the ammo , or , I've overlubed and it got all gummed up with the blowback residue , but after a few hundred rds.
    I suggest cleaning the packing oil off the bolt /chamber before shooting the 1st time and use very little lube while shooting.
    I've been using Winchester Dynapoint , Federal Champ's and CCI Blazer ammo.

Interesting alternation to the mag follower .
    http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=4957

715T
    [​IMG]

702 tact
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  6. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

I have been kicking around getting and putting a slide fire stock on it. That could a lot of cheap fun
  7. MMAsac

MMAsac New Member

I absolutely love my two 715T's Deadly accurate riffle. A few mags have problems, but they are an easy fix, if you get a mag that doesnt work it's fixable. But also know, you dont have to use the 25rd mags, you can still fire the 702 plinkster 10 rd mags with no hiccups. the gun looks great and has rails you can add almost anything you want to this rifle.
  8. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

For really pumping out the .22lr, get a Calico Carbine...100-rds per mag tops anything else on the market...
    if you're going to do it, do it RIGHT!!

Slide-fire stocks are a waste of cash...go get a Wii & Link's Crossbow Trainer,
    Train Daily and you'll quickly learn to pull triggers with Jerry Miculek-like speed.
    Aiming like him is another matter of intense training ;)
  9. Iron Eagle

The Mossberg only wants fast ammo- 1300 fps or more will do. The low power stuff causes too may issues.
  10. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

My son has one and it is a fun little shooter........I still prefer my Remington 597 though.
  11. magpul424

magpul424 New Member

im new on here ,but do yall think there is a way to put a different mag release on the the mossberg 715t and maybe where to get it
  12. Iron Eagle

Mag, it is molded in to a point. I really don't see any way to do it. In trying to seperate the halves to clean it, a part came out that reaches both sides, but it was easy to put back in.
  13. magpul424

magpul424 New Member

alright thnks iron eagle,and do u think a airsoft acog would work on it without getting knocked off
  14. Iron Eagle

If it will fit a picatinny rail, I don't see any problems. Being a .22, it does not kick. Just to remember, run hot ammo through it. J&G sales online sell different sights and scopes that would look good on it.
  15. magpul424

magpul424 New Member

ok thanks man, ill do that and im getting the 715t model, so i should have plenty of rail space.
  16. Iron Eagle

It is fun. Mine was $270
  17. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Good luck, I know many people post videos of them doing that but Its on the AR platform using a very light timney or jard trigger system usually around 2 lbs trigger pull and the guns are stripped down for weight. people running them with a eotec with a extension, light and laser have no such luck. . The mossberg is its own trigger system and cannot be taken that low in trigger pull and the buffer tube on the mossberg is fixed and will not take a GI spec tube which is required. The main issue why they dont work is bc the 22 lack the recoil that the 223 and 9mm do so bump firing (essentially what the slide fire is) is real hit and miss among users. Ive seen people at the range run the slide fire with the 22 conversion and Ive seen some really struggle with it and essentially pay 350 bucks for a stock that may or may not work with it properly.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  18. magpul424

magpul424 New Member

by the way ,do y'all know a good place i could find the 25rd mags cheap ?
  19. Iron Eagle

One comes with the rifle. Remember to use the loader that comes with it as well. That spring is hard to load past 11 rounds. Also, don't pay attention to the instructions as to how you dissasemble it. They are wrong. The screws are really small, so have some way to keep them still.
  20. magpul424

magpul424 New Member

ok thanks iron eagle ,ill remember that