The Firearms Forum banner

Mossberg .22s Anyone?

71K views 107 replies 68 participants last post by  Lulu perez 
#1 ·
RobC in Missouri
(9/27/01 12:53:29 pm)
Reply Mossberg .22s Anyone?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I've mentioned before, I have a small but growing contingent of older Mossberg .22 rifles, with an emphasis on the bolt actions. It all started with one of the CMP Mossberg M44US rifles and grew from there. I currently have 5 or 6 different models, ranging from your generic semi-auto Mossbergs (what is it? The 151K?), to some of the mannlicher stocked bolt action models and a like NIB Model 352K-C that was my uncle-in-law's gun (the kind with the fold-down foreend). Would love to get my hands on at least three particular models - any of the "T" bolt handle bolt actions, a British Lend-Lease Model 42MB, and the elusive Model L - in profile it looks like a lever action, bit it is actually a Martini-type falling block action. Vic Havlin of the NMCA had one for sale not long ago, but I didn't have the funds at the time.

Basically, what it comes down to is that if anyone has any Mossberg .22 rifles gathering dust, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands. Just keep me informed.

RobC in Missouri
(Also gotta decent Stevens Visible Loader, but that's another story)

LIKTOSHOOT
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(9/27/01 2:09:38 pm)
Reply Re: Mossberg .22s Anyone?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wouldn`t be the gofer who blew me out on a 98% Model 151M in complete original form a few weeks back.....WOOD-YA?????. I am a HOSE-BAG for old auto`s......any auto`s in .22`s
America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

RobC in Missouri
(9/28/01 7:59:34 am)
Nah, don't think that was me - my last big Mossberg score was a model 46MB in 95-98% condition, complete with swivels, all sights and instruction manual. I'll have to post some pics of that one soon....:cool:

That's the one good thing about Mossbergs - with the exception of a few models, they haven't achieved stratospheric prices yet....

Rob

tuckerd1
V.I.P. Member
(9/28/01 8:11:38 am)
How about a 351K w/ Mossberg M4D 4x scope. Tell me something about this one if your can.

Edited by: tuckerd1 at: 12/14/01 9:44:13 pm

RobC in Missouri
(9/28/01 10:35:39 am)
I'll see what I can find out when I get home. Got Vic Havlin's book "Mossberg: More Gun for the Money" so I'll see what it says...

Nice looking rifle though....

RobC

tuckerd1
V.I.P. Member
(9/28/01 5:50:59 pm)
Thanks RobC. I bought it in an estate sale with some others and just wondered what about it.

LIKTOSHOOT
(9/28/01 7:13:23 pm)
......psst.....psst.....ya wanna sell it?????

tuckerd1
V.I.P. Member
(9/28/01 8:18:06 pm)
LTS, I am thinking about it. Still undecided.

BTW, It is in good condition, but the previous owner engraved his SSN on it and all his other guns.

LIKTOSHOOT
(9/28/01 8:59:37 pm)
I hate people that do that, unless it`s hidden from view. Let me know if you would like to part with it. I am always a player for very nice old, clean, shootable .22 auto`s. Still po`ed that I missed the 151M and may not get over it. I WAS ROBBED!!!

AntiqueDr
(9/28/01 9:12:47 pm)
I've got a pretty fair 352-K...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
(9/28/01 9:50:41 pm)
You`s close...that foldey downy thing hurts me. How`s about a 46...B-BT-C-M.....maybe a 51M. OH!...OH!!!!! what about a Colt Stagecoach. Maybe a H&R 755??? and I`ll be your best friend for an excellent example of a Stevens/Springfield model 85-S or a Winchester model 74 in .22 LR.

A large sucking sound, wafts the air........................my wallet.........

tuckerd1
V.I.P. Member
(9/28/01 10:46:08 pm)
Win Mod 74? Ya mean like this?

LIKTOSHOOT
(9/29/01 2:07:46 pm)
Thanks for the tease...&*&%%&$$#$#@!@%, may one thousand fleas nest in your crotch and bite you profusely!!!!!!

AntiqueDr
(9/29/01 3:28:21 pm)
I just turned down a Mossberg 46 ($89) and a Mossberg 51 ($125)... maybe I should go back...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
(9/29/01 4:04:21 pm)
I is a player, if you know the model letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and they are quality piece`s 90% or better. Yea! I know there cheap ones and I have some $59.00 ones too. I just like those old funky .22 auto`s. Guess it`s from being a kid at heart and remembering all the different ones my friends had. It would have to be a 51M though and the 46 would have to be a M, B, A.....prefer (yea picky) B or A, either would make me happy...and the A could be a lefty too.....that I ain`t picky about. I would take a base 51, if you twist my arm (lightly) if it was all correct and original. MAKE ME HAPPY!!!!! please..........

Tac401
Administrator
(12/14/01 10:58:39 pm)
ezSupporter
Re: Mossberg .22s Anyone?
How'd this post get back up to the top?
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
(12/14/01 11:07:17 pm)
There have been a bunch of posts in this forum doing that over the last few weeks.
Know what?

berto64
V.I.P. Member
(12/15/01 1:19:37 am)
ezSupporter
Re: Mossberg .22s Anyone?
Got a Western Field 22 bolt made by Mossberg for my son coupla yrs ago. Nice clean gun, tack driver. The red 'F' button is missing under the safety is all.
Is it worth anything?

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

5 Ohh Stang
(2/12/02 7:29:40 pm)
Reply value ?
I have a Mossberg 342K in great condition, and I was wondering if somebody could tell me what it is worth ? It also has the flip down forearm.

Thanks in advance

Jay625
(3/21/02 5:16:55 pm)
Reply Fell into a great deal on an S-130 peep sight today !!
I just fell into one... I was in Indianapolis today and went into a pawn shop to kill a few minutes, and the owner was fiddleing with a Model 45. The rifle was rusted bad and he couldn't figure out how to make the S-130 peep sight swing around past the rusted scope that had been mounted on the rifle. I told him he would have to take off the scope to use the sight. His opinion was the scope would help sell the rifle faster so he asked me if I wanted the sight for $5. I
shrugged and said I could probably find a use for it. Now, just the front and barrel sights, and I'll have two complete ones.

Jay625
(3/21/02 5:54:43 pm)
Reply Speaking of Mossberg peep sights.... !!
Those steel balls are .0935" in diameter. I just happen to have some extras. I can't contribute a whole lot of knowledge to this forum, but I've gained several books full. In attempting to return the favors, I have enough of those steel balls to give eight of them away. The first eight people who send me their mailing address get'em. One each, and the first eight by time and date of the e-mail. I'm not in business, and no scam, spam, or like that. It's just silly to have to obtain a new sight for want of those bearings.

jayb@swayzee.com

Regards, Jay

See less See more
#30 ·
I was recently gifted an old Mossberg 142A that is a pile of rust. At this point I believe it can be restored, but it's going to need a new bolt assembly since the original bolt was rusted closed inside the receiver, and didn't come out without some force.......:(

Seems to be the one spare part Havlin's doesn't have in stock at the moment......:eek:

#32 ·
This one ain't for sale. Eat your heart out. It's a Westernfield M842,which is actually a Mossberg(forgot the Mossberg model #) in great condition. No way I'm giving this one up. I love a tube magazine on a .22 so I can use different ammo. I've got two other marlins, an m-1 type and a model 39A and a marlin .22 mag marlin levergun.

#34 ·
Tossed a lot of lead from a lot of auto loaders, my 151k beats them all, quick field clean every 50 rounds and she never misses a beat. and at fifty yards a tack driver.
of course the marlin drives tacks also.

Attachments

#36 ·
Re: Mossberg .22 m (b)

I have an old mossberg 22 m (b) it is all complete and about in 95% shape also it shots really good are u interested
You are missing part of the model number.

There is no Mossberg 22 m (b). The M models have a full length stock, made in bolt and semi.

It would read like; Model ___M(b). Fill in the blank.:)

#37 ·
I have three Mossbergs, 321K single shot, 344K youth model clipfed, and a Westernfield M815, which is a Mossberg 320B single shot. I really like them single shots the best. It takes you all day long to shoot a substantial amount of ammo. I have six single shots altogether, and the two Mossbergs put the others to shame.

#38 ·
Thought you guys might want to see the aluminum triggerguards my cousin is making. Presently making them for the model 46b, 44us, 640 chuckster, and the 183d. He will also be happy to make other styles if you can supply a template / pattern. Check them out, he really does nice work. The gun pictured is a model 46b.
If you like them, post here, PM me, or email me at
lorraine10@lmnetworks.net

Thanks
Jim

#40 ·
OMG, the Gun Parts trigger guard with the black finish removed>>>>>>>>>>>>

and it`s only $12.00

Mossberg`s.....over rated by the uneducated and over priced by the same.

Just a good quality rifle from the days of the same, wood AND steel, nothing more.

Most of the high priced models are the most produced, please explain???

Thousands is not considered rare, more is certainly not.

#41 ·
I have had this 142A (with T bolt) for about 56 years.

My dad bought it for my 6 or 7 birthday. I have carried it all over as a kid and young man hunting, and shows the wear and tear of a teenager on hunting & camping trips. Needless to say it is not for sale.

#42 ·
Great idea. When I was a kid I had a .410 bolt action Mossberg shotgun and my brother and his friend each had Mossberg .22 autos.

I loved the guns but the plastic trigger guard made them look cheap.

I think my brother still has his.

You should advertise these trigger guards or let a gun parts catalogue place sell them for you.

If I ever get another Mossberg I'll try to find this thread again.

Good luck, you should sell a lot of these, I wanted one back in the fifties.

#43 ·
I don't think I would ever part with any of my Mossberg bolt guns. Two of my favorites are my 46M (a), which I learned to shoot with at the age of 5 (I am now 57). It is still very accurate today, shoots one ragged hole at 25 yards. I also am very partial to my almost mint 144LSB which will shoot ragged holes at 50 yards with the original sights and on a good day, 1 1/2 " or better if I do my part at 100 yards.

Jim.............:)

#44 ·
Nice to know there are a few of us out there that appreciate the older Mossberg 22's. While I am not a collector I have a 45b that my uncle gave me when I turned 14. I love that gun! If anyone could lead me to a trigger guard for it I would be appreciative.

Good luck adding to your collection. :cool:

#49 ·
HOLY CHR*ST.... this thread was started before i became a member!!!!!!

Chaaaa Chinggggggg

mike
gn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.