Mossberg .22s Anyone?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF, 1badshot!

You'll probably get a better answer by posting your question as a new thread in the "Ask the Pros and What's It Worth" forum. Be sure to give as complete a description of the gun as possible. Pictures always help, too.
  2. 1badshot

1badshot New Member

srry didnt see that forum thnx for the info
  3. SigSauer P229

SigSauer P229 New Member

I just inheirted a Mossberg 146B. Could use some advice on how to break it down. Do you unscrew the screw on the right side of the bolt?
  4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Was rereading this again and went to the safe and dug out my old 46B just to admire it again.

Man what a good looking rifle. I'll have to look for more.
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Any Mossy collectors looking for more?

I just went to AA and did a search for Mossberg rifles. They have bunches of 22's and most are the old ones.
  6. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

always looking for more especially mod. L
  7. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

[​IMG]heres a lovely thing s46m with the right scope finish was gone on the scope so i just polished it[​IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  8. ldavis

ldavis New Member

those ball's are available from Brownell's. his are just a tad too big but can be drilled out by hand and work fine. not expensive. if you want the size ball and drill number, e-mail me. davcath@bwsys.net and I will look it up and post.
  9. yoopertrooper

yoopertrooper New Member

Hey Everybody. I just joined today but am glad to be amoung small bore rifle enthusiasists. Recently I purchased a replacement clip for my 640KA chuckster. Of course it required grinding down of the magazine guide post. When I took the screw out that holds post to the bottom of the bolt or action, What looked like a bottom piece of the bolt with a hole for the screw i just removed, fell out and landed on the floor. I am not a gun smith/mechanic by any means. I did not remove the bolt but managed to slide the piece that fell out back into place and replaced the modified guide post. After oiling and replacing the stock the bolt action seams to function the same as before. I have not fired the gun since. Can anyone advise me on whether what I encountered is normal or a sign of a malfunction. I am driving through lower MI on the 16th and may try to stop in to the Cabelas in Dundee and have someone look at it and repare if necessary. Just thought I would check with the real experts first.
    Thanks for any comments.
    Cheers
  10. mase34953

mase34953 New Member

Love my 46Mb. I shot my marlin 39a, remington 710 7mm and my rock river arms lar15 along with the mossberg. I must say the mossberg was my favorite one to shoot. It would put all 15 rounds in a 4 inch area at 50 yards. What a fun gun to shoot. I would buy another one in a heat beat.
  11. mjpchief

mjpchief Member

I'm new here today. I have a Wards Westernfield Mod. 46 that needs a rear peep sight. From what I can see it is the same peep sight that the Mossberg 42 used. Does anyone know where I can find one of these sights? At this time it has a Mossberg 4x scope on it. Neat old gun that belonged to my Dad.
  12. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

got a 640KB WMR----------ne1? swampangel??:cool:
  13. arkmanalso

arkmanalso New Member

Anyone have any 42M C parts ie trapdoor buttplate, wood forearm, & S130 sight? I am trying to restore the very first 22 rifle given to me 52 years ago on my 12th birthday all help welcome
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  14. carpfisher

carpfisher New Member

15. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I was recently gifted an old Mossberg 142A that is a pile of rust. At this point I believe it can be restored, but it's going to need a new bolt assembly since the original bolt was rusted closed inside the receiver, and didn't come out without some force.......:(

Seems to be the one spare part Havlin's doesn't have in stock at the moment......:eek: