Mossberg 283tb

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cec, Jul 29, 2006.

1. cec

cec New Member

One of the many guns that were recently acquired from my Grandfather was this Mossberg Model 283tb 410 Bolt action. Picture attached.

I am trying to find out the value and approximate age (or even a date range they were made).

I have not had much luck finding any information. I have put a post in the Shotgun forum for general questions about it.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. lead

lead Active Member

I don't have a Blue Book with me, but in shops around here, .410 bolts bring $75-125, depending on condition. The .410 is actually a little more desireable then larger calibers.
    I'm pretty sure these were made from the 50's until the 70's. They were low priced, entry level guns. The type you carried in the truck and didn't mind if it got a few scratches.
  3. cec

cec New Member

Thanks for the info. No plans to sell as it was my Grandfathers.

This one is very good condition, just the normal rust spots, a few minutes of work there.

Just need a good cleaning and oiling to function correctly. I plan on firing it soon.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Lead is fairly accurate, but I can tell you a bit more about your shotgun. It was manufactured from 1948 to 1985, and in mint condition it would be worth $125. In the condition you describe it is worth between $80 and $90.
  5. reddot252

reddot252 New Member

I also have a new haven model 283TB 410 gauge and I'm looking for the safety lever and operating mechanism but having a tough time finding parts. maybe even find one that's been scrapped. Anyone know of a firearm salvage yard
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member