Mossberg 377

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by zmire, Jan 11, 2005.

1. zmire

zmire New Member

Saw a Mossberg 377 tube fed, plastic stock, factory scope, 22lr for sale today. Not crazy about the plastic stock since it's for right hand use only, but I hear they are pretty rare rifles. Anybody had any experience with old Mossy's?
  2. zmire

zmire New Member

Attached Files:

3. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

Can't say I've ever seen one of those.Cool lookin' if nothin else.

Here's what the Gun Traders Guide has to say;

Model 377 Plinkster.....................NiB $180 Ex $140 Gd $95

Caliber:22LR. 15 shot tubular magazine.20-inch bbl.Weight;6.25 lbs.4xscope sight.Thumbhole stock w/rollover cheekpiece,Monte Carlo comb,checkered
    forearm;molded of modified poly-styrene foam in walnut-finish;sling swivel
    studs.Made 1977-79.

BW
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

$275 is way over priced. (add shipping and FFL transfer to that also)
    My book has it at $195 NIB.
    I have never come across a 377 but they can't be all that rare as the seller says. They were sold for 8 or 9 years my book shows it discontinued in '85.
    As for Mossberg qualiity they made some very good small bore target rifles in the 40's and 50's.
  5. zmire

zmire New Member

Well, I bit on it........The guy sold me a little Glenfield single shot mod 10 and this Mossberg for $150.00. Both in good shape. A little cleaning and I will see how it shoots. The mossy came with a Bushnell Banner Lite-Site, 3-9x40 scope that looks really good. Has an on/off button on top for a light but no batteries. Don't know what this switch does and don't know what size batteries it uses, though.

If any of you all know what the sw does or what size batteries it uses would appreciate the info.
  6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

That is probably one of the few mossbergs to shy from. Stock fed mossy`s don`t have the greatest triggers, and the forbidden plastic/wood like stock, cut from every angle except for the shooter and a scope mount a mile high.....makes my neck hurt. Rare??? rare in the fact that they survived decomposing after all these years. $100.00 max is where I would stand AND it better be "NIB" cause that`s what it would be, never used---only to fill a hole in the rifle case.

LTS
  7. zmire

zmire New Member

:eek: Well Liketo, I guess I bit like a hungy fish on this sucker. I've never owned a Mossberg and don't know too much about them. Other than cleaning it looks O.K. I'll find out this weekend. At least the Scope is nice :). Are there any rear fed mossy's that I could exchange the plastic with? Looks like the 380 is very similar???

Pics of rifle:
  8. zmire

zmire New Member

I guess the pics didn't go through. I'll try again.......

Attached Files:

9. lead

lead Well-Known Member

My first gun was a 22 Mossberg, so I've always had a fondness for them. The big problem with most I see now is, they were always low priced, blue collar type guns, and most have been used alot and show the wear and tear of lots of years of use. Fortunately, there are Mossberg collectors out there who keep parts and service alive. Check Mossberg's site and look for the Mossberg Collector's Society. They even have a quarterly magazine. I bet you'll have fun with the gun. I've seen a few sell here in the $100-150 range.
  10. BobbyWins

BobbyWins New Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  11. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Deduct $42.75 for non original scope..........lol

LTS
  12. tn3006

tn3006 New Member

Bushnell Banner Lite-Site, 3-9x40 scope takes two 357/303 energizer batteries (+ side up to front of scope, -side up to rear)
    on/off button produces a small red dot n center of crosshairs.. but can see only with low light..
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  13. Solddaboat

Solddaboat New Member

Southwestern side of the Metromess, Texas
    The 380 is the same rifle... Came with one bu tt ugly wood stock, even uglier than the 377 plastic one...:p