The Firearms Forum banner

Mossberg 44US(a) Purchased at the TFF BBQ

3K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  tuckerd1 
#1 ·
I got this rifle at the BBQ this weekend. Never know what you might run up on while there.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
The red and green safety dots were missing, so I got them on order yesterday along with sling swivels and a leather sling.

Now to find a spare magazine. Dang they are high! One on eBay right now has a bid of $103!

#12 ·
The green one is missing on my old 42M-B but I figured if it had just one, I could figure out which one was which!!

There is a place where I found the magazines once for about $50, called Gunclip Depot. I did not buy it because it had what looked like a screw on the bottom of the mag and I wasn't sure it was the same thing.
I just looked at them and see that they are out of stock now.

#14 ·
Check with some of the older gun shops in your area. I used to find parts in these old shops that I couldn't find anywhere else. The last magazine I bought had to have the feed lips adjusted, and the shop did that for me at no extra charge.

#18 ·
Good to know.Thanks I need a spare for my mdl 42.I think they're interchangeable but I'm not positive on that.

Reactions: tuckerd1
#22 ·
Finally got to shoot my M44 today it is a pretty good shooting rifle. I have some extractor issues but that can be worked out pretty easily. The attached target was used during numerous sight adjustments, so keep that in mind when looking at the groups. Also, it was the first time my grandson had ever shot peep sights. Not to bad for a 70 year old rifle. 25 yards range.

Attachments

#27 ·
Okay about my extractor issues. We shot 2 different types of ammo today. Win 36gr copper plated hollow point and Win T22 Target 40 gr lead round nose. They both shot well but the T22 empties did not eject as well as the others. There were some failures to eject on the copper plated also. I do have an extractor problem either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.