Mossberg 44US (b) bolt

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by GottaLoveRuger, Dec 12, 2011.

1. GottaLoveRuger

GottaLoveRuger New Member

Dec 10, 2011
    I have a Mossberg 44US(b) and a 44US(c). I plan on keeping the (b). I shot it yesterday and it was having problems ejecting. Noticed today that the left extractor is broken on the (b) rifle. According to home.epix.net/~damguy, both the (b) and the (c) used the R-427 bolt assembly. Any technical reason why I can't swap bolts? The extractors are peened in, so replacing the extractor is out of the question.

2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Replacing the extractor is certainly doable. To answer your specific question, you should be OK swapping the bolts, but I advise to check the headspace. Would be surprised if there was a problem, but still.

3. GottaLoveRuger

GottaLoveRuger New Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Thanks, StoneChimney. I swapped bolts and tried them out. No indication of excess headspace and ignition seemed reliable.