The Firearms Forum banner

Mossberg 500 Eject Problem

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  southernshooter 
#1 ·
A freind has a Mossberg 500 slug gun in 12 ga. that lately shows an ejection problem after firing. It may show up just whenever while shooting and when it does you really have to pull down very hard several times to get the spent hull to eject. Any advice will be appreciated.

#2 ·
How similar is the Mass. 500 to the Maverick(made by Mossberg) 88. Two of mu hunting buddies use Mav. 88s and one of them has problems. The extractor doesn't grab the fired shell and extract it from the chamber, you have to try several times and really slam the slide forward to grab the shell. Is that what you're talking about? It seems only to happen when we're shooting a lot, like shooting clays, no hiccups while hunting. Maybe it only happens when the metal walls of the chamber heat up ad expand, grabbing the shell thighter.

I'm kind of confused by the problem as well,as having both apart side by side, the extractor in his 88 seems a lot more rubust and positive than that in my Win. 1300.

#4 ·
The Mossberg and Mavericks are almost identical. First things first have ya'll had the butt stocks off recently. If you put the butt stock back on without putting the washers on the bolt the gun, It will either not fire, Won't feed from the tube, Or won't throw spent shells out. Then have you took all the parts out of the receiver and cleaned them. Pulling them out and putting them back are not hard. If you need help taking it apart, Just give me a holler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.