The Firearms Forum banner

mossberg 500 issues. its got me scratchin' my head

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Country101 
#1 ·
ok guys. this is the first mossberg pump that i have ever handled and taken apart. my service manager at work told me that he was having problems with his shotgun. its a .410. he said when you load the magazine and slide the action back to load a shell into the chamber, all the shells in the magazine will slide out instead of just one. i took it apart and really dont see anything wrong or wore out. the internal parts hardly have any wear on them at all. the cartridge stop moves over when the action is closed and moves the opposite way when the action is opened to allow another round to cycle. i dont know if my problem is with the cartridge stop or the cartridge interuppter. my question is this. is the cartridge interuppter supposed to stop the remaining rounds in the magazine tube from being pushed into the action??? please give me some pointers guys. i'm absolutely stumped on this one. :mad:

#4 ·
I googled this and found Everyone said the same thing...

The problem is usually bent shell stop bars. If you are not careful with assembly disassembly you can monkey fist the bars and bend them. It is usually user error and they can be straightened.

I don't know myself but maybe this will help.

#6 ·
thanks guys. i actually just got in from the shop. i got it workin good now. the interuptor bar was tweaked so it wasnt stopping the next round from exiting the mag tube. thanks for the help! i knew i could count on you guys. deffinetly not sold on mossberg shotguns. the slide bars rattle so dang loud and just feel so cheap compared to my 870's. thanks!

#8 ·
My friend had that happen on his. I took a look at it and determined that was the problem. He called mossberg to see what the new bars would cost him and order them. They asked for his serial number and what the trouble was. Then they asked for his address and told him he would have a new set in about a week! Customer service FTW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.