1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

mossberg 500 tactical manufacturer number 52440

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by johnny230, Mar 22, 2011.

1. johnny230

johnny230 New Member

hi, im looking at a mossberg 500 tactical 12 gauge pumpe, it comes with a heat shiel extendable stock, shell holder on the stock,it has a 8 shell capacity and a 20 inch barrel, its considerable cheaper then the one with the 18 and a half inch barrel, so im wondering will i really notice the inch and a half longer it is? and is this a good gun, it will be used for home defense and range shooting only i love the look of it because it just looks so mean,
    thanks, johnny
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

It's a great gun, and no, you wont notice the extra length. The mossbergs are all solid guns. I have the 590 with extended mag tube and all. I almost got the door breacher model, but it's an 18" barrel and wouldnt fit with the extended mag tube if I recall correctly.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.