Mossberg 500atp8

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by codydog, Oct 6, 2010.

1. codydog

codydog New Member

Not sure why my father had this in his collection, but here are the markings on the bottom (or best I can read them):

Mossberg 500ATP8 12 OA

I am not sure I have the magazine, what does that do to the value (and what is the value)?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

the gun you have is a mossberg 500 model shotgun. atp8 variation means it has a full length magazine tube and 20 inch barrel. the guns magazine is a tube under the barrel. to someone not familiar with the design it does look as though somethings missing from the bottom though

it is worth about 250 i think. i would be interested in it
  3. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

looks like the shell elevator is gone. $250 is a little strong, but since it is kind of special purpose I could see it. The full length tube is awesome. Mossbergs are easy to work on. just youtube mossberg 500 and you will get all kinds of videos. Watch a dissasembly video and you should be able to figure out if there is any parts missing. Would make a great home defense piece.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

no fleetwood it's all there. the shell lifter isnt like a remington or a winchester where it fills the portion of the receiver below the bolt.

it has a leg on either side of the receiver and a solid tip which cradles the bolt when the action is close.

Attached Files: