1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mossberg 9200 Forend Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/20/02 8:57:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 12 mossberg / free floating barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok , im picking up a mossberg .12gage auto loader from a friend of mine , in hopes doc or someone can tell me this fix

,every since he bought it ,the barrel moves back and forth {loose about 1/4 inch, it has never been disassembled ,and I thought I would give it a shot on this being a common problem before I actually take the gun home and look at it

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/20/02 9:52:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 12 mossberg / free floating barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like the forend assembly is not on correctly. I'd have to see it...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/22/02 4:52:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 12 mossberg / free floating barrel
    doc I have the gun in my possession now ,it is a mossberg 5500MKII ,I took off the forearm and it appears it is missing a type of ring that should hold the barrel in place on the magazine , the ring that is on it looks like a plastic washer ,held in place by a poorly cut wide ring ,{that resembles a piece of conduit},do you have a schematic?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/22/02 6:15:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 12 mossberg / free floating barrel
    I do have a schematic and parts list for that model, but I wont be back in the shop until Tuesday.

There is an outer and inner piston ring, a seal ring, and an O-ring that fit on the magazine tube.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/22/02 6:22:41 pm)
    doc all those are intact ,before the barrel ,the only thing holding the barrel on is a hard plastic ring ,that moves freely
    the piece i suspected was conduit "is" conduit ,i found the u.l. mark on it ,is there some sort of bushhing that should hold the barrel on?

on the cylinder it has a drawing of the wieghts and o rings that part is ok , im stuck between the barrel was once changed and not installed back correctly due to missing a bushing or the end of the barrel that goes behind the bolt is missing a piece that should catch

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/23/02 10:19:47 am)
    the conduit was placed there as a ring that goes betwen the forearm and the barrel "on the magizine" , but it is still about 1/4 shy of being a good shim

its a good looking gun on the surface ,until you move the barrel ,the reciver is black and the barrel is blue ,the barrel has a vent-rib ,the fine lines on top of both do not match ,the barrel has more dpi ,the barrel does say mossberg 5500MKII

hope i made it clear im still asleep