Mossberg Camo Finish

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

whiskey101
    (1/2/03 9:24:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Mossberg Camo Finish
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got one of these Turkey special 500 pums the other day and I was wondering what the finish on here is.

I have heard of Krylon, which I think is a baked on paint, right?

Or is this just spray paint?

Is there parkerization under it?

Atleast the gun was cheap and I can cover it with tape if the finish goes to hell.
    So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

Edited by: whiskey101 at: 1/2/03 9:27:05 pm

whiskey101
    (1/6/03 9:15:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Mossberg Camo Finish
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come on now, someone has to have the answer.....?
    So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

Mojo262
    (1/6/03 9:29:00 pm)
    I just picked up an 835 Turkey / Deer combo with the camo finish and have the same question. The owners manual does not say a thing about the finish except to say to avoid stong solvents - so this would point to a "paint" type finish.

I was told by some gun show "expert" that the finish is a type of parkerising... but then this knowledge is probably worth what I paid for it. I have been trying to reach the Mossberg web site since Saturday, but can't get it to load in my browser

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 10:03:13 pm)
    I don`t know what it is, but it`s fairly tough. Family member has a turkey special and it gets a work-out, finish has a few "hard" scratches......but tough as nails......it gets abused, trust me. This guy is really hard on guns.

LTS

whiskey101
    (1/6/03 10:37:13 pm)
    Mossberg site has been slow, but it does load for me. There is nothing on there about the finishes either.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 10:44:43 am)
    I'm just guessing here....but I'd use an industrial (marine-type) spray-on epoxy paint. Very hard, tough, durable, and weatherproof.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 12:09:31 pm)
    Give SixTGunr a shout at www.whamocamo.com/index.html
    He's into that sorta stuff, I bet he would know

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

wundudnee
    (1/8/03 8:27:14 am)
    I was wondering the same thing about the finish. I just got an 835 in woodland camo. last week. It had a few small scratches in the pistol grip. Not enough to worry about. It came with 3 tubes for $140.00