Mossberg Marinecoat?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by aholefireman, May 7, 2007.

1. aholefireman

aholefireman New Member

Anyone have any experience with this shotgun? I have always liked the looks of them but does it justify the extra cost? Its about a hundred buck difference at my local shop and I dont know if it is worth the extra dough. I was looking on their website and they have a pistol grip 500 in a can that would be handy to throw behind the seat of my truck. There are way to many choices when it comes to buying a mossberg:confused: . I already have a 500 that is my skeet gun and now i need one for home defense in my new house. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Barry
  2. Coltonator

Coltonator New Member

If you live in a humid environment then I would say that it's worth the extra cash. I had a coast guard buddy that swore by those coated mossies, of course, he lives most of his life on a boat. :D
  3. aholefireman

aholefireman New Member

I dont really live on a boat anymore but I do like to have a firearm that is going to be able to stand up to anything that I can do to it and then some. I love my stainless rugers and their ease of cleaning. How well does the finish hold up? It isnt really stainless its just a coating right?

Barry
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Yeah, it's just a coating. I ordered one, but then ended up getting the 590 with the heat shield. According to a few guys I've talked to, they said it holds up great, but they were trying to sell guns, so... I think them having the JIC is a little funny. Anyway, I dont think you'll be disappointed with the marine coat, but I have no actual experience.