1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mossberg Marinecoat?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by aholefireman, May 7, 2007.

1. aholefireman

aholefireman New Member

Anyone have any experience with this shotgun? I have always liked the looks of them but does it justify the extra cost? Its about a hundred buck difference at my local shop and I dont know if it is worth the extra dough. I was looking on their website and they have a pistol grip 500 in a can that would be handy to throw behind the seat of my truck. There are way to many choices when it comes to buying a mossberg:confused: . I already have a 500 that is my skeet gun and now i need one for home defense in my new house. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Barry
  2. Coltonator

Coltonator New Member

If you live in a humid environment then I would say that it's worth the extra cash. I had a coast guard buddy that swore by those coated mossies, of course, he lives most of his life on a boat. :D
  3. aholefireman

aholefireman New Member

I dont really live on a boat anymore but I do like to have a firearm that is going to be able to stand up to anything that I can do to it and then some. I love my stainless rugers and their ease of cleaning. How well does the finish hold up? It isnt really stainless its just a coating right?

Barry
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Yeah, it's just a coating. I ordered one, but then ended up getting the 590 with the heat shield. According to a few guys I've talked to, they said it holds up great, but they were trying to sell guns, so... I think them having the JIC is a little funny. Anyway, I dont think you'll be disappointed with the marine coat, but I have no actual experience.