1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Most accurate 22lr rifle for under $400?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by MartinL, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MartinL

MartinL Former Guest

I am in the market for something better than my 10/22 and marlin 25N. Bolt or single shot does not matter, just accuracy and decent price. How well does the contender stack up against the bolt actions? I have a contender frame to use. Thanks

ML
  2. pawn

pawn Active Member

3. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

The Savage MK II's are very good. Several sub-models in your price range. I'd certainly recommend you look at them.
  4. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    ill go along on the savage mark 2 the btvs model looks awsome.that aside a have a goor friend that owns this model and he loves it.you may also want to chk on a new barrel for your ruger.you can get a match barrel and custom stock for half of what you want to spend. old semperfi
  5. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

another vote for the CZ 452 brno or 2500
  6. Joe M

Joe M Member

I to would recommend either the Savage MK II-BTV, or one of the MK II-FV's. These rifles are amazingly accurate, the MK II-BTV more so I feel. I gave my son one of these BTV's for Christmas and now it's all I can do to keep up with him on group size with my FV, which is no slouch for accuracy, but it's not a BTV... Fantastic rifle - those BTV's.:)
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  7. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

8. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

You want a good target rifle or rodent killer the Remington 513-T is about the best tack driver you can get. These things are nice,You will have to shop around to find one cuz I dont think they are on the market anymore but I have seen a few at gun shows.

Attached Files:

9. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

In my opinion I agree with raydcarter and Old semper that savage mark11 btv is excellent,my son has one, and one of these days I am gonna steal it from him!:D
  10. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

In my opinion I agree with raydcarter and Old semper that Savage Mark 11 BTV:D is excellent,my son has one, and one of these days I am gonna steal it from him!:D
  11. G-Mann

G-Mann Member

Well MartinL, I see there are a lot of choices here. I myself have the Marlin 881 bolt that also think of being a good rifle as well.

As long as you choose whatever is recommended here, I am sure you cannot go wrong. Good luck!:D
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

What about just add a $150 Butler Creek .920" barrel and stock combo to your 10/22? I did that and my 10/22 is now a seriously accurate rifle with the right ammo. I topped it off with a 6-18 x 40 Adjustable Objective scope. It's just plain fun. I've got a Savage Mark II as well along with a Marlin Model 60 but the 10/22 is the most fun to shoot now that it can put the bullet where I point. :)
  13. REISINGMOD50

REISINGMOD50 New Member

The most accurate .22 I have ever seen or shot is a TU 33/40 sold by NCA Ridgefield, NJ. I bought one in the 80's and it is a Chinese (don't laugh) copy of a K-98 trainer in .22. It is BR50 quality and accuracy. I have a Nicoles 4X32 scope on it and I would wager it would shoot as well or better than any $400 - $500 rifle on the market. Beautiful workmanship and nicely finished. If I knew how to attach a picture of it would. I do not know if they are made or imported anymore.
  14. pawn

pawn Active Member

Can I get one for $400 or less? :confused: If not, I don't understand why you posted in this thread, i.e. Most Accurate 22lr rifle for under $400.

Look forward to your reply.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  15. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I wouldn't give up on the 10-22. Put a new barrel, bolt, receiver, trigger parts and stock on it and it if a fabulous rifle.:eek: