1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

most likely to kill you

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by LASIE, Jun 22, 2009.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Amen, 45nut!
  2. OBrien

OBrien New Member

I here ya there 45. I would rather a coke head gets his fix than having our military breathing that in by the hundreds or even thousands.
  3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Lurpy, that chart looks neet but I think there is a ringer in there. Check firearm assault 1 in 314 deaths. Given a population of 300 million, that comes out to 955,414 firearms assaults. If there are about 5000 firearms related deaths per year, over a 75 year lifetime that would be about 375,000 over a lifetime. Not allowing for the narrow range of demographics where most of these deaths would normaly be expected to occure it seems a very high number. Any of you statisticians out ther see where I might have gone wrong?
  4. alhefner

alhefner New Member

Your math is correct enough. If the chart is for the U.S. alone, and the stat is for "criminal assault" alone, then they are 100% lying! However, if the stat is for the entire earth and not limited to criminal assault but includes EVERY instance of assault with a firearm including combat, then the stat could be fairly close.
  5. 38 special

38 special New Member

Booze doesnt kill people. People that drink TOO MUCh do. If you dont have the good sense to know when to cut yourself off, quit drinking. YOU are the problem not the booze.
  6. LASIE

LASIE New Member

Then pull our boys out and send all of our drug offenders over there and spray the whole country then they won't have the money to fight any one.
    and the drug head heads can over dose while they are there two problems solved at once.
    Supply and demand gone.
    Plus send all the men in washington that support the rules of engagement
    (don't fire until they shoot you) and see what they think then.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  7. LASIE

LASIE New Member

Your exactly right I didn't start this thread my finger did.