1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Most ridicuolous movie gun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kahr, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Kahr

Kahr New Member

I've seen some pretty crazy guns in flicks before but I just observed the worst I have ever seen. It was in the movie "The Long Kiss Goodnight" which to sum it up quickly is about a woman who has amnesia but has been susie homemaker for the last 8 years starts getting her memory back and it turns out she was a world class assassin blah blah blah. Plot's not all that great, but it's a decent mindless action flick overall, it stars Geena Davis and Samuel L Jackson. Anyway, near the start of the movie another assassin comes to kill her and he is equipped with *drum roll please* a Winchester 1887 Lever action 12ga with the stock sawed off and a M203 attached underneath. That combination blew my mind, if anyone has seen anything that asinine in a movie please share.
  2. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

EDIT: Nevermind
  3. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

How about the multi-barrel handheld vulcan cannon in the first "Predator" movie? That weapon system would require(at that time) a large battery pack, a HUGE supply of belt fed ammunition and an assistant(to hold the weapon operator upright due to recoil).
  4. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

The .223 fast-pac is a real weapon system. Several have sold in the last few decade well in the six figures. FYI

............I wasn`t aware any .22 caliber ever had recoil
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  5. lb969

lb969 New Member

A little recoil over a lot of rounds adds up.
  6. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

How about that pistol in "I'm gonna git you sucka." There was a scene that pokes fun at Dirty Harry, except this guy shoots the gun hundreds of times without reloading and the bad guy complains as to how unfair it is. Ridiculous movie, but it has it's moments that'll make you laugh.
  7. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I got a question and this is a great thread to ask it.

In the movie "No Country for Old Men"

was that a shot gun the bad guy carried ??

Was that suppose to be a silencer on the front ?

[​IMG]
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

In that movie it could have been and it might work in HOLLYWEIRD
    I love it when the silencer is on a big bore revolver :D
  9. ArcherSix

ArcherSix New Member

Haven't seen the movie, just pics like above. However, I was under the impression that it was supposed to be some kind of 'cattle killer'. The kind of tool used in slaughterhouses to dispatch the animal...

One of my favorite 'movie gun' moments is in "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" when Connery is teaching the Tom Sawyer character to shoot floating targets from like 900 yards from the pitching deck of a submarine with a black powder express rifle!

Good choice of firearm for his character, but that whole scene is rediculous! I cringe whenever I watch it....
  10. lb969

lb969 New Member

I would have to say....

The Annihlator 2000

[​IMG]
  11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Hell boy uses an oversize revolver he calls the 'Good Samaritan'. Not that I went to the recent movie!!! Perhaps not ridiculous, but out there...

Attached Files:

12. Well, in the earlier James Bond novels by Ian Fleming, Bond carried a Beretta 418 (.25 caliber). That's pretty ridiculous for serious work. A sling shot would have been as effective. ;) In the films though, except for the first one, Dr. No, where he carried the Beretta, he packed a Walther PPK.
  13. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Pistols mention of James Bond reminded me of a story. When they did the original movie poster shots, they realised no one had a brought a gun! One of the crew had one of his kids break open air pistol in the trunk of his car. He got it, they used it, and it's part of that classic shot to this day. Yes, thats an air pistol....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  14. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5WNKLRTr2Q&feature=related
    Full auto 10/22. Noticeable recoil. Big difference in the amount of powder in a .22lr and a .223. The handheld multi-barrel cannon in "Predator" had, apparently, no recoil reduction system that could be seen.
  15. Might have been just as effective as that .25 Beretta, Tranter. ;) Of course, that long barrel might have been a pain to carry in a shoulder holster. :D