Most Underrated Handgun.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by tcon67, Feb 23, 2012.

1. tcon67

tcon67 New Member

I was wondering what handgun you all think is the most underrated? I picked up a used Bersa Thunder UC 45 a couple weeks ago and for the price I think these little guns could be the most underrated on the market. The double action trigger is smooth and its more accurate than I am.
    After buying this one and shooting a Thunder 380, my vote for most underrated would have to go to Bersa. What's your pick??
  2. The Duke

The Duke New Member

:yeahthat:
  3. twobit

twobit Active Member

After nearly 45 years of shooting I discovered the fun of a .45 colt peacemaker (modern clone of one) a little over a year ago. I reload for it, and that means it will go from powder puff to nearly .44 magnum power and anywhere in between. As a pistol, the peacemaker shoots the truest natural point of aim there is.
  4. savage170

savage170 Member

I agree with you on the Bersa and would like to give the 3rd gen smiths a honorable mention
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Fn five seven here. Shoots great , no recoil and people bad mouth it constantly. Love mine!!
  6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Bersa and Kel-Tec were always told to me to be junk. I have owned a Bersa and still own a Kel-Tec P40 which is in my truck with me everyday. That gun has never failed me at the range. I just hope it holds up to its reliability if god forbid I ever need it for PP.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Why people would call bersa junk is beyond me. I will agree they are not the top of the line, but they are a decent and dependable gun for the money in my opinion.
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Not to take anything away from the Bersa, which appears to me to be a pretty decent firearms, my nomination for most underated handgun would have to be Hi Point.
  9. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I like and have a Bersa but for the money and cost effectiveness of operation the Tok 762x25's are hard to beat
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

The CZ guns IMO are underrated.
  11. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

The Stoeger Cougar 8045F .45acp is a lot of gun for the money.
  12. hoodedmonk

hoodedmonk New Member

I really like the feel of the Bersa thunder 380 and might even pick one up if the deal is right when I have a little extra cash.
  13. hoodedmonk

hoodedmonk New Member

I have the Couger 8000 with only one failure to feed with 400 rds. through it so far. It seems to be a pretty solid gun so far and I only paid 399.00 for it brand new.
  14. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I would vote bersa followed by keltec as a runner up.
  15. mad mother

mad mother Former Guest

Definetly. the cz52 roller block .Got one for $250.
  16. punchie

punchie Member

Most any of the old Spanish "Astra" guns have my vote.
  17. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Any of the Star pistols except the 9mm largo.
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm a .22lr fan

small, quiet ( sorta), deadly
  19. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Certain Taurus models like the PT-145. Rock solid dependable, accurate, holds more rounds in less space than any other .45, lifetime warranty, decent trigger - what more can anyone ask for? Mine has yet to malfunction once in 6000 rounds. I can shoot empty casings from 20 yards with it too. And it holds 10 + 1 in the space it takes most mags to hold 6 + 1. And it was inexpensive too. That's a heckuva gun IMO. I bought it taking the word of a LGS owner that it would be great. He offered me a 30 return policy, money back, no questions asked. I had another pistol to count on should that one fail. But he was right. It was a great pistoll.
  20. Shep

Shep New Member

Two that come to mind are EAA Witness pistols and Taurus revolvers.
    I would pick a Witness pistol over a S&W 3rd generation auto any day.
    And while I would NOT pick a Taurus reolver over a Smith revolver (especially older Smiths) they are a better value. At least 80% as good as S&W at about 50% of the price.