1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Most Underrated Handgun.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by tcon67, Feb 23, 2012.

1. punchie

punchie Member

Most any of the old Spanish "Astra" guns have my vote.
  2. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Any of the Star pistols except the 9mm largo.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm a .22lr fan

small, quiet ( sorta), deadly
  4. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Certain Taurus models like the PT-145. Rock solid dependable, accurate, holds more rounds in less space than any other .45, lifetime warranty, decent trigger - what more can anyone ask for? Mine has yet to malfunction once in 6000 rounds. I can shoot empty casings from 20 yards with it too. And it holds 10 + 1 in the space it takes most mags to hold 6 + 1. And it was inexpensive too. That's a heckuva gun IMO. I bought it taking the word of a LGS owner that it would be great. He offered me a 30 return policy, money back, no questions asked. I had another pistol to count on should that one fail. But he was right. It was a great pistoll.
  5. Shep

Shep Member

Two that come to mind are EAA Witness pistols and Taurus revolvers.
    I would pick a Witness pistol over a S&W 3rd generation auto any day.
    And while I would NOT pick a Taurus reolver over a Smith revolver (especially older Smiths) they are a better value. At least 80% as good as S&W at about 50% of the price.
  6. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I'll second that...those old Stars are freekin phenominal!!

And still inexpensive unless you get a dealer than knows how good they can be...
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would say the 22lr is a fav of mine also. Many don't shoot it because it's not a magnum nor a killing machine and it's illegal for using on big game naturally. However, I could make it work in a pinch.

As far as underrated gun, I would say Taurus is one of them. I have never owned one but might one day.
  8. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

ruger p series guns built like tanks and cheep Randy
  9. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Star.......I owned a Star m-40 (Firestar) loved it!!! I held on that thing 1994 till 2009. That is when I found a gun shop that would actually give me a decent price for it, I then traded it for a Kahr.

I love the Kahr, but I do miss that small very solid tank.
  10. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Oh Squishy...I almost forgot my FAV's!!

Calico M-110 pistol...
    [​IMG]

Calico Liberty III in 9mm...which reminds me, I need to take some new pics of mine...
    here's one from Calico
    [​IMG]

Here's a new one!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  11. robrossk

robrossk New Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with Bersa. I have the 380cc.
  12. mazdawes

mazdawes New Member

twin bersa owner here. both 380 and both accurate enough to drive tacks at short range.
  13. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

I agree Bersa is underrated, I have the Thunder .380 and carry it IWB loaded with Corbon Powrball. It is dependable and accurate. Don't know why more people don't buy Bersa?

I also own a Stoeger Cougar 9mm with 600 rounds thru it not one failure.Excellent gun!
  14. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I really want to try a Bersa, always hear them mentioned but never had the pleasure.
    If someone is local in MA/NH message me maybe we can make a range date.

I always thought Hi-Points were bad until I got my 995ts (on the cheap) and I have been very happy with it. So my vote from my minimal experience will go to Hi-Point. ooh dam thats a carbine well I guess I will just stick with that lol
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  15. pault

pault New Member

I vote for Hi-Point. If you buy a gun for function and not looks the Hi-Point fills the bill. To add to that the price is great and the warrenty may be the best in the industry.