1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Most Underrated Handgun.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by tcon67, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Blurr

Blurr Former Guest

I'm fairly certain the bad guy is not gonna care what lead is flying at him, he's going home one way or another.
  2. hjsmith00843

hjsmith00843 Member

How about the High Point 9mm. I saw some torturer testing videos and the gun still fired. I would never do that to any of my weapons.
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

They go bang when you pull the trigger...very heavy pistols and cheap to purchase. I fired a buddies in 9mm and I swear it weighed three pounds. It was accurate too.
  4. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

Vintage Star .45acps, were strong and 100% reliable. You could feed them any type of .45acp round and they would gobble them up. One of the many mistakes I made in my younger years was to sell off the two I had. The modern Star is also a great weapon but the older models were stellar!

Charter Arms Bull Dogs in .44spl & .38spl were and still are very much under rated.

Now days, basically any snub nose .38 spl. Great reliable weapons!
  5. Max Donovan

Max Donovan Member

Try the 1910 Glisenti. I have about ten boxes (50-round boxes) of ammo through mine and I find it deadly accurate, completely reliable, easy to maintain, and very ergonomic. Plus, the safety is either-hand and dunce-proof.
  6. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I agree that the high point is very under rated
  7. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan Member

Have to agree with CJ_56 about the Taurus PT-145. Highly underrated and all around terrific pistol, especially with such a low price point.
    Tokarevs as well. 7.62x25 is a surprisingly stout round.
    Hi-Points, big, ugly, inexpensive and utterly reliable. You can't kill them.
  8. skullfr

skullfr New Member

The cz-82 in 9x18 is my choice.This was used by military and police for over 20 years.The 9x18 is a potent small round.especially using hornady critical defense rounds.I paid 150 for it used and has a 12+1 capacity.A surplus one in excellent condition can be bought for 229.95 and it is C&R eligible.
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

yup! CZ makes great stuff for sure, they shoot reliable and accurate.

NAA .22 mag or variants, tons of different ones but for a 1" barrel in a gun that fits in the palm of your hand, it's pretty potent in the mag. Got the PUG as my BUG; not accurate but it is loud as hell and .22 mag ain't no slouch.

The ones with longer barrels would deliver an even better punch!

http://northamericanarms.com/

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and finish on mine, nice little firecracker. you can also shoot .22LR/.22mag from the mag frames if you get a cylinder for each.
  10. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I carried a NAA mini Mag. in my vest as a back up weapon as a deputy sheriff. fun little gun that eventually became part of a trade.
  11. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

12. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I've got 2 nominees, Hi-Points and the CZs52.