Mounting a laser sight without a rail?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by willywonka, Mar 1, 2011.

1. willywonka

willywonka New Member

So I went to a local gun show the other day, thinking of making a new purchase. And to my surprise I found the Stoeger Cougar impressed me. Beretta craftsman ship for half the price? Why not!

But one thing I noticed is that there guys don't have a rail, and I love using laser sights. I've never been a fan of grip sights or slide mounted sights, so I'm a little lost. Are there any laser sights out there that will attach to a firearm without a rail? Maybe something that uses a strong magnet perhaps? Is it possible, or worth it to have a rail added by a gun smith?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Would a guide rod laser work here? I honestly don't know, as I've never used one, but it might be worth looking into.
  4. the yooper

the yooper New Member

i have one that mounts to triger gard it works:rolleyes: but it is kinda in the way dont care for it. hope that helps:)
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Lasermax doesnt offer a guiderod laser for the stoeger cougars