Movie: 2 Minute Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug.38PR, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

I got stuck watching a 2 hour movie called 2 minute warning this morning on AMC. It was a movie from the 70s with Charleton Heston, David Janson, Beaux Bridges and many other notable actors. This movie, as I said, lasted 2 hours....it should have lasted 30 minutes. It is a movie about a sniper who is spotted at the LA Colusium during a football game by police. The most obvious thing to do is, since his visable at one point or another, to take a scope rifle and shoot him before he shoots anyone.
    Instead, an hour and a half are spent with Captain Charleton Heston calling the swat team, moving them around, getting their gear on, moving into all these different postions, arresting a fan who noticed the sniper and told police (keeping him from getting his family out of there.), and other sorts of whizing around wasting time. Finally, the sniper starts shooting fans right and left as well as swat men in their positions. Charleton and his swat team gun down the guy and the movie is over with bodies all over the place and the swat officer telling Charleton how the sniper is going to be examined on the news for 6 weeks about what went through is mind, how nice his mother was, what police could have done to prevent it (sound like anything we hear today?)
    This movie kept me watching it wondering what it was all leading to and wondering what would happen next (there were a lot of commercial breaks towards the end). Sadly, with our tactical gung ho government types, that is exactly how it would be in real life. Lot's of whizzing around, getting gear and face paint and helmets on while people are about to be killed when the most obvious course of action is not taken.
  2. icm856

icm856 New Member

Yep, it was a really boring movie.
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

That was actully the reason the movie was made to show how the Law enforcement community would act in the future if things didnt change. Guess what, It didnt chage dit it?
  4. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

Funny also is that Charleton Heston (NRA President) is advised by the swat officer to scrub the guy before he starts shooting. Instead Heston says, "Maybe that's what you swat guys do best, taking a guy out and hauling him off in a garbage bag...but I'm a peace officer, I keep the peace." he then tells the swat officer to identify all the "VIPs" in the stadium who are potential targets. The swat officer says, "everyone is a potential target" IOW, to Heston, the average Joe is less important than Joe Politician. Heston even said, "We don't start shooting until he does" (or words to that effect).
    I don't even see why, instead of unarmed Brock Peters (the maintenance guy) going up there to get him at first only to get butted with the back of the rifle, why a uniformed armed cop with a handgun didn't climb up there and unload on him.

So much for protect and serve