mowery muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by pfugett, Dec 1, 2008.

1. pfugett

pfugett New Member

can anyone give me info on mowery muzzleloader, have had it for several years and thinking of selling but i dont know its worth. it is 54 cal and it is made in deney texas, it has brass action and very pretty wood, any info would be appreciated.
  2. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Mowery rifles are great guns. They however have not kept the prices up due to the popularity of in-lines. 54 is a good caliber in tghem and new they sold for around $300 to $500 depending on when bought. As to resell value, my friend has one and at Friendship IN at the National Fall BP shoot, he could not get an offer. They do sell a good bit better on Auction Arms though.
  3. pfugett

pfugett New Member

thanks for the info it was vey helpful pf
  4. Roy

Roy New Member

I bought one about 15 years ago with a 30" brass scope. Very nice rifle. Do you have the certificate that came with it? I thought the company was in Olney, TX. But, hey, I've been wrong before.
  5. pfugett

pfugett New Member

no on the certificate just the gun is all i have. i am pretty sure it says deney the first letter is hard to make out but eney is pretty clear. thanks for your input. pf
  6. Roy

Roy New Member

Interesting. Always glad to know more.
  7. WV SCROUNGER

WV SCROUNGER New Member

It is " OLNEY" MADE IN TEXAS.
    FOR SURE ...i OWN 5
    GREAT GUNS....
  8. quegbeau

quegbeau New Member

hello fellows:
    i have one of mowery custom built hawken rifle in .54 cal. mowery rifles are made in indiana. the ole boy who owns the company still goes to friendship every year. back to my rifle,all metal parts but the barrell is hand forged.and the barrell is cut in his pattened left hand twist. it has a 1-40 twist instead of 1-48 in regular .54 cal. i really like mine and it took a little to get used to the left hand twist. but when it comes to their brass and their all steel internal locks well they have their draw backs on them.i'll try to help anyone out with moweryrifles. ( mowery sells alot of kits guns and others put them together to make more money). quegbeau
  9. sewerman

sewerman New Member

spotted an excellent sample at a gun show this year in central florida in .54 cal for $240.00.

if i didn't already have nine rifles and a shot gun that i rarely shoot i might 've bought it. they are very pretty rifles! :D

sewerman
  10. renegade464

renegade464 New Member

Is the Mowery Builder still in Business? I live in Plainfield, IN and might be in need of a new Barrel? Are they still located in Waldren, IN?
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the Forum renegade, I did a quick Google search and the only links I got were to Forums. Then I tried Bing and I got the same thing there. Nothing to a manufacturing business of any kind.
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome, Renegade!

You might try this:

Mowery Gun Works
    6989 E Michigan Rd
    Waldron, IN 46182
    (765) 525-6181