.MPG or .WMV File Uploads

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by ponycar17, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'd like to see the option to upload .MPG or .WMV files for sharing. I notice that there are a number of file upload options up to 3 MB, but none include video formats. I have had on occasion videos I'd like to share but would prefer not to share them from my personal web space because of privacy issues... Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Ponycar17
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Not sure if it would be desired, what all would be involved, etc. I'm thinking that I suggested this in the past, but I dont remember if it was a bandwidth concern, or what...But, may I suggest Youtube? You could simply drop a link for us here on TFF.

Crpdeth
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Our software currently does not support attachments of mpg's or wmv's. Perhaps they will include that functionality in a future update.

Crpdeth's suggestion is a good one. Photobucket also allows uploading of videos. With YouTube, Photobucket, or any of the other hosting sites, you could upload videos and remain anonymous.
  4. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

YouTube is very popular for sharing videos. Embedded videos using YouTube is possible when HTML code is enabled for a forum/thread. This thread, however, has it disabled.

On another forum that I participate in, YouTube videos must be embedded, as many YouTube pages have a ton of vulgarity/obscenity, even when the video itself is clean. Of course, the forum of which I speak also dislikes foreign language quotations in .sig lines, as well.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I appreciate the suggestions, however as a dial-up user I tend to hate streaming video options. I much more prefer clicking "save link as" and walking away until the download is complete. Anyway, I now understand that this is a software limitation and can respect that... Thanks for the information! :D