Mrs Obozo creates uproar in Indonesia , Global insult to Islam

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/11/11/tifatul-defends-shaking-hands-with-michele-obama.html

Tifatul defends shaking hands with Michele Obama
    The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Thu, 11/11/2010 11:22 AM | Headlines A | A | A |
    Under mounting public scrutiny, Indonesian Information and Communications Minister Tifatul Sembiring has defended his decision to shake hands with US First Lady Michele Obama, a move that apparently contradicted his religious stance on touching women.
    Tifatul, a conservative Muslim who has made several controversial remarks including on HIV/AIDS and sexuality, on Wednesday insisted that he would not touch (including to shake hands with) any woman who he was not directly related to, and that he was caught off-guard in the recent meeting with the First Lady.
    Footage on YouTube displaying Tifatul shaking hands with Michelle has incited a debate that has lit up social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and many local blogs.
    Below are several excerpts of statements Tifatul made in response, via his Twitter account.
    “Regarding the handshake with Mrs. Michele Obama, I emphasize that:
    - My stance is not to shake hands with any woman who I am not directly related to.
    - However, there are times when I have been caught off-guard or I have had to meet people who were not aware of my stance, especially during state events or as happened sometimes when after Koran recital gatherings when female participants rushed to shake hands with me.
    - Under such circumstances, touching and handshakes are inevitable. I understand such situations, but it doesn't change my initial stance.
    - That's what happened when I met Mrs Michele Obama as state guest. I tried a bit to hold [US President Barack] Obama’s hand longer to say some words. Then, when Mrs. Michele came forward, I call this as an off-the-cuff situation, I used both hands, as the Sundanese people shake hands.
    - As I said earlier, I tried to use both hands [and not to shake hands with Michele], but she held out her hands too far toward me, so we touched.”
    Related News >>
    Did Indonesia minister shake US first lady's hand?
    Obama: Asia's growth will benefit US
    Setbacks aside, Obama claims stronger global hand
    Accelerate economic growth, Obama says
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

while the US Program to sponsor school in Indonesia has become entangled yet again

but the obozo's never said a thing about it ...

with Amnesty International Requesting that the "guarentee of pureness" be stopped

this is the inspection of young girl by the state schools service ( Government) inspecting them and giving them virginity tests

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/11/12/amnesty-intl-urges-govt-stop-virginity-tests.html

Amnesty Intl urges govt to stop virginity tests
    The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Fri, 11/12/2010 9:40 AM | National A | A | A |
    Amnesty International urged the Indonesian government to stop attempts to mandate pregnancy and virginity tests for high school girls.
    “These tests are not only intrusive and degrading but plainly discriminatory, as nowhere are men or boys subjected to any equivalent form of ‘moral’ testing”, Amnesty International Indonesia researcher Isabelle Arradon said in a release sent to The Jakarta Post on Friday.
    A vocational high school principal in Magetan, East Java, required students to undergo pregnancy testing in order to study. A legislator in Central Sumatra previously proposed virginity tests for female students.
    “This is yet another example of how gender stereotyping and discrimination can stop Indonesian women from accessing their basic rights,” Arradon said. (gzl)
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

yuckie yuckie yuckie, cant touch a girl thats not related to me. Everyone knows that girls who are not related to you have cooties. YUCK!!! Now where is my goat? :D:D:D:D

I guess this is where the saying "incest is best" came from.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

i'll go over there and denounce islam and create an even larger uproar. what's wrong with touching a woman? are they all light in the loafers now too?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

apparently.. but thats Islam...
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Islam teaches them to wipe their butt with their left hand, and shake hands with their right hand.

Tifatul greeted Michelle by shaking with both hands -

Which of the two practices did he consider touching her to be, I wonder?
  7. cycloneman

I copied this from jacks link in the first post:

Tifatul, a conservative Muslim who has made several controversial remarks including on HIV/AIDS and sexuality, on Wednesday insisted that he would not touch (including to shake hands with) any woman who he was not directly related to, and that he was caught off-guard in the recent meeting with the First Lady.

Now Jack i have to ask you, has not a serious crime been committed here?

Shouldn't someone according to sharia law be punished for this????? I am just saying, is the law ok to be overlooked by some. And if that was the case then overlooking the law would be just as bad as someone who broke the law. Isn't it? So if this is left unchecked shouldn't the judges of sheria law be held liable too? After all it is a mokery according to all i have read isn't it?
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  8. cycloneman

Good point!

I wonder if Tifatul realises that she wipes her butt too.

Attached Files:

9. cycloneman

10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

:D
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

OK Cyclone man

heres the law

the woman is guilty of associating with a man she is know related too

the man has done no wrong , no man can when its a issue of women the woman is always wrong and she is the one punished

a poet call Ishtahl ( was a bit of a loon for Islam and was beheaded for islulting allah later) wwent through the city of Medina and hugged ( boldly embraced is the correct translation) all the women he met in the market area

they stoned 86 to death

that was 1859 and the British Raj had just arrived to witness it

its in the official reports of Lord of the Admiralty of the day

ya think they gonna put a fatwa on the obozo's suck starter?

doubt it myself

( for the admins i'm just using the great man's own words for his other half, i'd personally not address any of my lady friends that way ever but he wrote the book so he says)
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010