MSNBC Poll - Chicago's New Gun Laws

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by kingcuke, Jul 3, 2010.

1. kingcuke

kingcuke Member

Mayor Daley once again turns a deaf ear to both reality and the Supreme Court by crafting new gun laws. Vote in the poll, can't hurt. It's running 84% pro 2cd. Here's the link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38061266/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

If demonizing an object prevents crime shouldn't we ban money? Oh wait the economy already did that.
  2. mtaylor507

mtaylor507 New Member

Lol love the post my friend......So true!!! I cant believe they just wont give it a rest.....

oh an buy the way I'm mike.....New to the forum and looking to make friends. I have also started a small gun blog and thought i'd invite you to come check it out...Its not big just yet but I enjoy writing about guns... The link is down below....Hope to talk with you soon.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Dailey is wrong.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Welcome to the forum mtaylor507, I think you will like it here. In a post on another thread, I posted that the new laws Daley would enact would be just as bad as they were last year. These anti-gun nuts will never learn. Daley has gone on the record saying that the U.S. has a higher crime rate than any other country in the world. Check it out for your selves. http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.html
  5. wabryan1

wabryan1 New Member

Or course they think that way. Kagan said" Use your best judgement to decide, then let the law catch up". That must be in the Declaration of Independence, cause it's not in the Constitution.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

13% Yes. The public's safety is at risk, and the proposed ordinance still allows people to have a handgun at home.4913 votes

84% No. The ordinance is so draconian as to amount to a virtual ban -- and anyway, the Second Amendment prohibits restrictions on gun ownership.31879 votes

3% Maybe. I'd like to read the whole ordinance before deciding.971 votes

Pops
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

So, y'all really expected something entirely different from this left wing wacko gun grabbing monkey??
  8. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

He just wants to make it safe for his boys to break in and rob people.
  9. Laufer

Laufer New Member

I met a young guy who has a small child, and lives in southeast Memphis.
    Three very unfriendly-looking guys (looked like gangsta types to him: "MS-13") approached him from down the street. He was standing by his truck, therefore he lifted his AK clone from inside.

The strangers decided to turn around. He liked the rent, and so I told this young guy that his rent was really low Because of Living Near Those Types.
    I asked him "Is it worth it?"

But in Chicago, Mayor Daley wants the criminals on their streets to have all of the other advantages, even when already outnumbering a possible victim.
  10. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    So many morons.... so out of the "Loop"... :rolleyes:

I guess after watching Maobama in action...

Mayor Daily assumes Chicago Politics superceeds the SCOTUS....:mad:
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

If it's illegal to take it out the front door, how do you get it in?
    How do you practice with it? In the front room?

Now I may be a bit slow at times, but realy? This isn't tantamount to a ban?:rolleyes:
  12. 199er

199er New Member

This Poll is indicative of what Politicians think of its' citizens..........."that they know what is best for us" and "they feel morally obligated to 'protect us from ourselves".
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

That's the thing. The greatest number of death by firearm, are suicides.
    If I wanna off myself, I'll find a way. 120 MPH into a cement overpass comes to mind. So when will they outlaw motor vehicles?:rolleyes:
  14. red14

red14 Active Member

Right after alcohol.
  15. lentz

lentz Former Guest

And they will re-elect the fool.So....who's really the fools in this one?
    Simply mind boggling.