Mueller Rifle Scopes

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by gun runner, Sep 2, 2012.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Anybody use them? I see a 10-35x or something high powered like that at midway for a couple of hundred dollars. Is there any other scope manufacturers that have a magnification power up to 35x?

Thanks
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I wonder why the big names don't do that?

Think about that. ;)

Mueller isn't know for their high quality made in china optics, I wouldn't waste money that I worked for to buy one. Now if I had just hit the Lotto...I might try my luck and still expect to lose.

Tasco International made a high powered variable years ago, father in law bought one along with a new varmint gun. We wasted 5 boxes of expensive ammo trying to get it sighted in until I removed it and mounted a good scope. Five shots later it was zeroed and shooting a nice tight group.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Agree GH. I dont own any personally but have had rifles with them on my desk in for repair. the optics suck IMO. I would much rather add another 150 bucks to the 200 the mueller would cost me and get a Nikon with a lifetime warranty and leagues better optics.
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thanks for yall telling me they were made in china. I want to find a scope that has that kind of power and made in usa. Actually it was a 32x but I will spend the extra money. Im thinking about getting a leupold but there just so damn expensive 2k is alot for a high quality leupold so I might settle for a nikon. :confused:
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

A good nikon buckmaster with BDC will run you between 300 and 350. Get the side focus, youll appreciate the hell outta that feature if you shoot beyond 300 yds.
  6. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thats cheap, Ill take a look at the Nikon site and see what I can find.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

8. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Mueller Rifle Scopes are not "made" in China, they are "assembled" in China. The optics are made in Japan.
    No, it's not a Nikon, but for the money, it's a damned good buy. They have a no BS warranty too, if the scope fails, don't mess with it and send it back. They send you a NEW scope, not yours repaired.
    Ever try to warranty a Nikon?:rolleyes:
  9. GunHugger

The glass comes from Japan, the other parts China, where they are "made".

Bottom line, they are a decent scope for the money. The thing is you can spend just a little more and get a better scope. I have nothing more against Mueller than any other scope made in China.

My earlier (above) was aimed at the 10-35X magnification more than the company.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  10. cutter

cutter New Member

A Stirling Night Eater makes a scpoe that goes to 50X and has a 60 mm reflective lens (around $350.) I bought one to just see, Seems to be good and clear but too big. I changed out to a 6-24X Viper with a 50 mm reflective. I am going to sight it in tommarrow.
  11. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

What about sightron scopes?
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I love my sightron SIII 8-32x56mm MOA-2 reticle. Best scope I have ever bought.

Nikon coatings are dark. If it is going on a hunting rifle it will cost you time.

if you want an amazing 60mm objective look at Denon Optics 4 Japanese Optical Engineers HAND build every single scope and test them. Of course they will set you back $2k+.
  13. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

tango how much did you pay for your sightron?
  14. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I don't know about warranties from either company. But, I have Mueller and Nikon scopes and I like them both. The Mueller are cheaper and seem to function GREAT for me. I have the Muller APV with adjustable AO and think it is 4-15x or something like that. Got it for $120 to my door and it is on a CZ 455 Evolution in .22lr. It works great for me.
  15. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

Mueller APV scopes are well thought of and recommended over on a certain RimFire forum. I bought one and like it just fine. Of course, it's on a .22 and I'm no great shoooter; so my standards are not especially high.
  16. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Be cautious of the mega magnification scopes. The more magnification you have the closer your eye has to be to the occular to get a full sight picture. Bad combination if the rifle has much recoil at all. Scope Bite can be a M***** F*****!
  17. DBMJR1

DBMJR1 New Member

This, . . .

I have a Mueller Tactical AO on my 10/22. The glass is bright, clear and crisp, but eye relief distance is very limited. Or, it blinks alot. I wouldn't want it on a .300 win mag.:rolleyes:
  18. CZbeliever

CZbeliever New Member

I put a silver APV on my CZ 452 Style. It looks great and I can get dime size groups at 50yds with Federal Automatch, quarter at 100yds. I'm a fairly new shooter too (just this year). Bench rest of course, learning off-hand technique, I hope! Gotta quit coffee, I'm thinking.

The Mueller APV is great at 50yds for me and really a strain for these 60yo eyes at 100yds. I'd like to try 24 power some time, or a good spotting scope. The long walks up to 100yds to see what's happening costs shooting time.

The APV optics are good to very good, but not great. The AO is very useful as my cheek plant isn't consistent yet. The build is good, repeatability is very good with 6 clicks each up, right, down, left. Was within moment of shooter at the end. As my eyes grow worse and my seriousness about shooting increases, so will my optics budget. I don't expect great ROI for more money spent, but I'll find out.

The Mueller APV is very satisfying for the outlay, so is the CZ Style! I couldn't be happier at less than $500 outlay to have a rifle that is accurate enough to show what I need to do to shoot it well.

Just so you know, I own mostly American made products and try very hard to keep it that way, but buy quality I can afford if there's better or necessary to fit the budget. Just try and find an American made coffee pot!
  19. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

Oh yeah. Took me friend shooting for his first time, started him off with .22s, they have scopes, then shotgun, then my dad's .270 with a Tasco 3-9 from the 80's... not only is the eye relief very short, the edge of the eyepiece is thin metal.... sadly, he didn't bury the stock into his shoulder like I told him, he had a lil C shape scar above his eyebrow for a few months.
  20. GunHugger

If you are looking for a coffee maker that is built in the US, your best choice would be any of the three home models we assemble in Creston, Iowa - GR, BX and BT.

http://www.bunnathome.com/blog/2011/03/assembled-usa