Mueller Rifle Scopes

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by gun runner, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Be cautious of the mega magnification scopes. The more magnification you have the closer your eye has to be to the occular to get a full sight picture. Bad combination if the rifle has much recoil at all. Scope Bite can be a M***** F*****!
  2. DBMJR1

DBMJR1 New Member

This, . . .

I have a Mueller Tactical AO on my 10/22. The glass is bright, clear and crisp, but eye relief distance is very limited. Or, it blinks alot. I wouldn't want it on a .300 win mag.:rolleyes:
  3. CZbeliever

CZbeliever New Member

I put a silver APV on my CZ 452 Style. It looks great and I can get dime size groups at 50yds with Federal Automatch, quarter at 100yds. I'm a fairly new shooter too (just this year). Bench rest of course, learning off-hand technique, I hope! Gotta quit coffee, I'm thinking.

The Mueller APV is great at 50yds for me and really a strain for these 60yo eyes at 100yds. I'd like to try 24 power some time, or a good spotting scope. The long walks up to 100yds to see what's happening costs shooting time.

The APV optics are good to very good, but not great. The AO is very useful as my cheek plant isn't consistent yet. The build is good, repeatability is very good with 6 clicks each up, right, down, left. Was within moment of shooter at the end. As my eyes grow worse and my seriousness about shooting increases, so will my optics budget. I don't expect great ROI for more money spent, but I'll find out.

The Mueller APV is very satisfying for the outlay, so is the CZ Style! I couldn't be happier at less than $500 outlay to have a rifle that is accurate enough to show what I need to do to shoot it well.

Just so you know, I own mostly American made products and try very hard to keep it that way, but buy quality I can afford if there's better or necessary to fit the budget. Just try and find an American made coffee pot!
  4. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

Oh yeah. Took me friend shooting for his first time, started him off with .22s, they have scopes, then shotgun, then my dad's .270 with a Tasco 3-9 from the 80's... not only is the eye relief very short, the edge of the eyepiece is thin metal.... sadly, he didn't bury the stock into his shoulder like I told him, he had a lil C shape scar above his eyebrow for a few months.
  5. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a coffee maker that is built in the US, your best choice would be any of the three home models we assemble in Creston, Iowa - GR, BX and BT.

http://www.bunnathome.com/blog/2011/03/assembled-usa