Muslims upset by Biblical references on scopes

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jan 22, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Jan 21 12:03 AM US/Eastern
    Muslim groups reacted angrily after it emerged that the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan were using rifle sights inscribed with coded Biblical references.

The company producing the sights, which are also used to train Afghan and Iraqi soldiers under contracts with the US Army and the Marine Corps, said it has inscribed references to the New Testament on the metal casings for over two decades.

The British Ministry of Defense meanwhile announced it had placed an order for 400 of the gunsights with Trijicon but added it had not been aware of the significance of the inscriptions, in a decision criticized by the opposition Liberal Democrat party.

The Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) called on US Defense Secretary Robert Gates to immediately withdraw from combat use equipment found to have inscriptions of Biblical references after it emerged that Trijicon has contracts to supply over 800,000 of the sights to the US military.

The Pentagon sought to defuse the brewing controversy, saying it was "disturbed" by the reports.

"If determined to be true, this is clearly inappropriate and we are looking into possible remedies," Commander Darryn James, a Pentagon spokesman, told AFP.

The codes were used as "part of our faith and our belief in service to our country," Trijicon said.

"As long as we have men and women in danger, we will continue to do everything we can to provide them with both state-of-the-art technology and the never-ending support and prayers of a grateful nation," a company spokesman said on condition of anonymity.

The move appeared to be a direct violation of a US Central Command general order issued after the 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq that strictly prohibits "proselytizing of any religion, faith or practice."

A whistleblower group that first alerted ABC News to the issue this week warned the practice was putting troops in harm's way by raising fears of Christian proselytizing in Muslim-majority nations home to militants resentful of US military presence.

"This is the worst type of emboldenment of the enemy that you can imagine," Military Religious Freedom Foundation founder and president Michael "Mikey" Weinstein said in an interview.

Weinstein, a former White House legal counsel in Ronald Reagan's administration, said his group would submit a filing in US federal court in Kansas City, Missouri by February 4 in a related case.

"Having Biblical references on military equipment violates the basic ideals and values our country was founded upon," MPAC Washington director Haris Tarin said in a statement.

"Worse still, it provides propaganda ammo to extremists who claim there is a 'Crusader war against Islam' by the United States," he added.

The shocking revelation raises fresh fears of Christian fundamentalism seeping through the US military's ranks.

"It's got to stop. It's wrong on a million levels," said Weinstein. "This is massively endangering the lives and well-being of our members of the military."

His foundation, he added, represents nearly 16,000 troops, the bulk of them Christians.

A Muslim-American soldier, who declined to be named due to fears of persecution, said he was "ashamed" and "horrified" by the writings on the gunsights of weapons he used during deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"There are many other soldiers who feel as I do. Many are Protestant and Catholic and they fear reprisal just as much as I do for trying to stand up to the Christian bullies in uniform who outrank us," he said in a letter dated January 14 and addressed to Weinstein and his foundation.

According to photographs seen by AFP, the coded inscriptions include JN8:12, an apparent reference to John 8:12: "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Trijicon, a defense contractor founded by devout Christian Glyn Bindon, vows on its website to follow "biblical standards" it says make America great

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok they are upset, they put koranic quotes on theres AK's , i know i've taken a few off them, ( cold dead hands?? ;) ) so its ok for them but not us??

ok replace it with this then

لا يوجد سوى إله واحد صحيح
    وأنها ليست لك ، أنت مسلم قطعة من برعشيت

sorry for spelling errors its been a while eh

cheers

jack
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

This whole thing is GARBAGE!!
    What's next?
    Forbid our troops from carying US money because it has "In God We Trust" on it?
    Forbid the purchase of any military equipment from any company that has Christian values?
    Just more smoke-and-mirrors to derail the people from what the great BO (May his name be accursed) is doing!

Trijicon uses more than one bible verse, and the ones I checked always dealt with what the site itself did - such as the light reference Jack quoted on one that gives a lighter sight picture.

Oh, I like your idea for an inscription, Jack -
    Just EXACTLY what we should be saying to them!!
  3. topper

topper New Member

I could really care less what any muslim cares about. If they don't like it, then don't look at it. Soon, if we don't stop all the whiney BS, we will all be living like them muslims. I suppose that's what they want anyway.

Time to lock and load, america
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Topper , you may need to rethink that,

we wont live at all if they get thier way

they want us and anyone not like them dead

our women as slaves,

they murder their own at 600 times the rate we kill them

( for each jihadi we have killed in the ghan , they have killed 600 of thier fellow country folk)

all for thier sick version of their faith, and for the reward they are told they'll get

stop the reward

pig blood on every bullet

see how brave they are then

jack
  5. topper

topper New Member

I bow to NO ONE. They will never make me or my woman do their will as long as i'm alive.

Ya want jihad?, i'll give you jihad. Locked and loaded!
  6. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Who cares if they are upset, if it bothers them that much maybe they should take over that whole operation over there and our troops could leave and then Bible references would not be an issue.
  7. red14

red14 Active Member

+ Infinity:cool:;)
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The US was founded on JUDEO-CHRISTIAN principles, you jackhole!!!! Try reading a REAL history book or the writings of the Founding Fathers instead of just blindly believing the psuedo-historical crap spewed by liberals!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So a rise in Christian fundamentalism in the US military is bad, but we're supposed to just lie down, bend over, and accept Muslim fundamentalism in the US military?! Let's see, what's the result of Muslim fundamentalism in the US military? That whackadoo that threw a grenade into a tent in Iraq. An Army shrink that shoots up Ft. Hood. Gee, it looks to me like I'd much prefer Christian fundamentalism in the US military:rolleyes:
  9. ampaterry

Check the Holy Scope thread in the General forum.
    Trijicon has already caved on this, and is removing the markings -
  10. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

To bad a proper response to this wouldn't be "suck my white a%&". I think all the BS political correctness crap would end if society would grow a pair instead of trying to be so tolerant and everyone's friend. Don't like it, don't read it. In fact here is a better fix. Send them A holes into battle with no sights. "Sorry our contract is with Trijicon, you didn't like the inscriptions on their sights so we remove them. Good luck".
  11. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It has nothing to do with proselytizing. It has to do with our troops being inspired by scriptures which have deep meaning for them just as we accomodate the muslim expressions of their faith.

I still remember when our troops were sent to Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf war and weren't allowed to wear crosses or stars of David or even have Bibles EVEN though we were there to save them from invasion.

Screw what muslims want and screw political correctness in the upper echelons of our military. PC in the Army already cost us 13 lives.
  12. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I just sent Trijicon an e-mail thanking them for caving in to PC pressure so quickly. You'd think they would have tried to explain or just said nothing and made a show of standing up for what you believe in.

[​IMG]
  13. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Didn't the powers that be read the part of the bible having something to do with denying Jesus and such? I'm not a great Bible scholar, can someone quote it? Maybe send it to Trijicon, as well?
    This kinda ticks me off. I'm not prone to that.
  14. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    It was more important for Trijicon to make a lot of money than it was for them to stand and defend their position. Surely our country is not the only country in the world that Trijicon could do business with.
  15. ampaterry

Max, I believe this is the section you are talking about:

Matthew 10:32-34 (KJV)
    32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
    33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
    34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Now, the question would be:
    Is NOT putting a Bible verse on your product a denial of Christ?
    I don't think so.

But I wish they would have stood by their guns, nonetheless -
  16. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Sir go to their web site

read their policy

also look at how they support their workers ( paying for a employees child who is ill and needs expencive treatments)

look at how much they donate to the community

then realise what this will cost them to fight

, then i suggest you rethink your outburst and i suggest you either Pray that next time you are not so quick to judge or stand up and offer to fight this for them.

but guarentee everyone who works there has a job after as they have done

put your own bucks where you just put your foot

as a question how many disabled veterans have you retrained and employed ??

1 , 2 more??
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  17. sandkicker

sandkicker New Member

re:"strictly prohibits "proselytizing of any religion, faith or practice."

Proselytizing (def) is the act of attempting to convert people to another opinion and, particularly, another religion. The presence of these inscriptions on sights is hardly intended to do this... The only conversion intended is that from living to not. They are free to continue in whatever religion they had before.

What's next? Prohibit our troops from praying before they go into combat?
  18. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Wouldn't surprise me.
  19. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Please do not even entertain that thought

I / We Prayed before each operation,

and gave our Thanks after each one too.

what is happening !!!!????

what are they forcing us to become??

no dont answer that,

i am just too scared i already know the answer
  20. hell-rainer35

hell-rainer35 New Member

they are using the tolerance of our own country to instill their hate and intolerence that they believe it. I pray that people start waking up and see whats going on.

Lock n' Load