muzzel loader

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by ronnief12, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ronnief12

ronnief12 New Member

i have a CVA Thunderbolt, 50 cal , and i am looking for a good load to shoot accurate, any help
  2. quigleysharps4570

quigleysharps4570 New Member

Probably gonna have to see for yourself what your rifle likes cause what load someone else is using might not be what your rifle likes. Start low with what powder you have on hand (70-80 grs.) and go up from there. I shoot traditional rifles and they all like something different. The .50 likes 80 grs. of 2f Swiss with the REAL bullet, the .54 likes 90 grs. of Goex Cartridge Grade with patched roundball and the little .40 likes 35 grs. of 3f Goex for small game and 70 grs. of 3f Goex for deer. Have a CVA Optima here that was a gift and it likes 80 grs. of 2f Goex with the Lightfield Alpha Gold 300's. Good luck to you on finding a load it likes. ;)
  3. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Yep, quiglys right. I have a, CVA Firebolt .50 cal. I had to try 5-6 different loads before settleing on, 295gr. PowerBelts w/ 85grs. Triple 777. I kill deer with it every year. But yet to have had a passthrough. Still lookin' for the right bullet. Good luck. I'm sure you'll find a load your happy with.