My 10 min. Kel Tec Sub 2000 mod

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The Count, Jun 5, 2010.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

This has got to be the most basic rifle ever. Stripped down to the bare necessity. Took off the hand guard and replaced it with a $17 UTG Tri Rail mount and a $15 adjustable grip. Chambered in 9mm. Uses Glock 17 mags (yes, incl. the 33 round one)! Kicks like a mule when fired. Ugly as hell - but shoots great and very reliable... all for about $350!! When folded nobody (even at the range) will guess you have a serious rifle with you.

Had to drive 2 hours here in NC to find one. Totally sold out everywhere - the distributor does not even have a waiting list.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

How does it shoot with the new grip set up. I just bought one off of the internet and have shot it once. It is really accurate and folds up into a nice little package. My only issue is I have to rest my cheek on the stock tube which can be a bit uncomfortable when a round goes off. I am going to work on a pad for that area. It is pretty darn accurate and yes I really like the 33 rounds in the Glock mags.
  3. The Count

The Count New Member

The grip doesn't really change the handling too much for me. Aiming is difficult because the stock is too short, so I ordered the extension directly from Kel Tec yesterday. You seem to be shooting longer than I have... What would you say makes the most sense with this gun, sight it in for 25, 50 or 100 yards?

Also, I kinda like the bare minimum look, but i am starting to think about putting on a small red dot scope... anybody have suggestion on how to mount it? The UTG tri rail is missing a rail on top because i think it is intended on being mounted on AK's.

here is a good picture

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/QS...ctISG8Soj300wdLf7bJLEp179T0OwlcFEuaJbSeFe76rw

Can that top part be replaced by a rail?
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010