My 17 yearold daughter drew first blood Sat. & second blood today, Sunday!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jjmitchell60, Nov 14, 2004.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Saturday was opening day of our modern gun deer season and my 17 year old daughter drew first blood. 2 little deer, 50 pounds dresssed weight, came out and she drilled one. Would not let pappy or her brothers shoot because she knew this little doe was "tender eating" according to her. I reckon she gets to be one up on us boys this year. She hunts for meat, if a big buck had walked past she would have had one of us shoot it because all she wants is tender young meat. My girl was raised right! Now we boys have to get our buts in gear. She killed it at 150+ yards by the way with her custom 243 mauser. The deer went a whole 2 feet after she hit it!

Well tonight, 11/14, she shot a 8 point buck at 100 yards while I MISSED a doe at 100 yards! No living with her now!!! The boys had to drag it out all the time she was rubbing it in their and my face! My rifle is zeroed in at 200 yards so I shot over the doe but her 243 dropped the 8 pointer dead in it's tracks. It did not move a muscle. She drilled the heart, lungs, and part of the liver. Only thing I can figure is that the 243 bounced around inside the chest cavity because there was no exit hole. She wants to take off from school tomorrow to fill her bonus doe tags now! The boys are pouting like 2 little 2 year olds (so is daddy)!

I will post pics of both deer tomorrow night. I am skinning them out tomorow and will take pics first.

I need to at least kill something tomorrow mourning to save some face. Her boyfriend is even upset being he has yet to shoot any deer! I will say this, I had a 243 barrel put on a CZ 24 action for her this year with a mid priced scope on it. That little custom gun has really suprised me and all I have in it is $150 to $175. Had to cut the stock down to a 12.5" pull being she is 5'6" and 115 soaking wet. Well worth the cost though IMHO and mainly in her opinion as well.
  2. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

This is excellent news. You did well raising her. It is good that she was not raised by bolshevised and communist liberal parents.
    I reckon you wouldn't see her hugging a squirell or a varmint out there. It is also obvious that she is ecologically educated and obliterates every liberal stereotype out there that only gun crazed lunatics are out there hunting bambi with Kalashnikovs.
    We look forward to your photos. Keep up the good work.
  3. iceman1

iceman1 New Member

I belive congrats are in order ..good job kill them all girl don't let any give ya the slip..
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  4. punchie

punchie Member

Sounds like congrats are definetly in order. She has now paid Joey and Jesse (and Dad) back for not taking her to Boogerville.....lol.
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

This is a story that will be told around the campfire for many YEARS to come.
    You guys got some catching up to do. ;)
  6. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

Congrats to you and your daughter.

I can tell from your post that you are a proud papa.

And lucky to have a family that shares the great outdoors.

ISB
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  7. 2Bits

2Bits New Member

Congrats to the Lil Lady! ;)

An 8 point buck is reason to make some noise around the place alright. I guess Pop and son's will have to sharpen up their skills somewhat hey. :D
  8. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

Congrats! :)