1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My 1st new handgun since 1971

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jeanp1948, Feb 14, 2008.

1. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 New Member

I bought my first NEW pistol since 1971 last month. It's Hi-Point C9 9mm semi auto. I checked it out for over a year before I bought it. The only thing I don't like about is the way it taken down with a drift pin located in the rear of the slide. I was wondering if anybody has anything good or bad to say about this model. I had checked with several guys who had the 9mm .40 and .45 caliber models plus the ones who had the 9mm carbine and only one had a problem with magazine feeding which was rectified by the factory at no charge. Any comments would be appreciated as it will be a couple months before I can shoot it as we are under feet of snow here in central Maine.:)

jeanp1948

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

From what I've heard they're great plinkers and those who own them seem to be very satisfied with their purchases. Yesterday on www.youtube.com I watched a couple of guys shooting their 45 ACP Hi-Points and one also had a 9mm Hi-Point Carbine. They seemed to definitely be a lot of fun! I'm considering one now in 45 or 9mm. :D And if they ever make a carbine in .45 ACP, I'm getting one. :)