My 1st new handgun since 1971

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jeanp1948, Feb 14, 2008.

1. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 New Member

I bought my first NEW pistol since 1971 last month. It's Hi-Point C9 9mm semi auto. I checked it out for over a year before I bought it. The only thing I don't like about is the way it taken down with a drift pin located in the rear of the slide. I was wondering if anybody has anything good or bad to say about this model. I had checked with several guys who had the 9mm .40 and .45 caliber models plus the ones who had the 9mm carbine and only one had a problem with magazine feeding which was rectified by the factory at no charge. Any comments would be appreciated as it will be a couple months before I can shoot it as we are under feet of snow here in central Maine.:)

jeanp1948

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

From what I've heard they're great plinkers and those who own them seem to be very satisfied with their purchases. Yesterday on www.youtube.com I watched a couple of guys shooting their 45 ACP Hi-Points and one also had a 9mm Hi-Point Carbine. They seemed to definitely be a lot of fun! I'm considering one now in 45 or 9mm. :D And if they ever make a carbine in .45 ACP, I'm getting one. :)