My 2011 firearm deer season

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by WildBill69, Nov 16, 2011.

1. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

Day one firearm season I didn't see a thing. To warm and windy. Day 2 was cooler and the deer were more active. My sister and niece
    both shot deer that morning both doe. My nephew shot a doe that night just before dark. I saw 2 fawns.
    Day 3 still windy. I saw nothing. My sister got another one a button buck. My nephew missed 2 doe.
    Day 4 cold start no wind finally. And everyone went home I got the place to myself. I opted to
    sleep until 7 this morning. Big mistake. I was getting all setup in my blind I look up 50 yards a
    way a deer standing there. No chance to shoot. Didn't notice if it were buck or doe. Saw nothing
    else today. Back to getting up at 5:30 tomorrow.
    Day 5 Well got up at 5:30, in my blind at first light 6:30. The deer were crossing the road from the neighbors field when I got there so
    I was expecting the deer to come from behind or my right. I looked down at my watch it was now 8:00. I look up as
    this 6 pointer steps out of the woods from my left, he was about 70 yards a way. I hit the buck
    call to stop him. I put my crosshairs on his heart and fired. I must have pulled a bit the
    bullet hit the spine. He dropped instantly. Never filled my tag that early in the morning
    before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Google Earth view of where I hunt.

[​IMG]
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Well Done ! Good to see !

and thanks for the post and update , aint seen you in a while ( maybe i missed your posts)

you off out again anytime soon?
  3. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

It's been a while since I've been here, I'm gonna try to check in daily. No all done hunting for this year. Only 1 deer tag in my part of Minnesota.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Glad you filled the "quota" ( 1 deer? ) but you made it a good'un ..

Cheers to you Bill !
  5. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

Thanks. Yep 1 deer buck or doe. The population seems to be climbing so if the Timber Wolves stay away maybe next year we'll have management permits. Which will bring the limit to 2.
  6. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Great deer! Looks like the critters are gettin fed really well! Nice, 'n healthy for sure. Really pretty hides you grow over there too. Excellent harvest sir!
  7. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

Thanks. The deer are really fat this year.
  8. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

he'll be good eaten, I haven't got my buck yet, got a doe last wednesday. In indiana we can only get one buck but can get any where from 1 to 5 doe per county. it ads up to 200+ deer you can kill if you want to travel, I usually only try to get 2 or 3 anyway.
  9. whirley

whirley Member

Here in North Central Pa 20 years ago, from my camp near the Quehanna wilderness,we could drive about 10 miles and count 100 deer at night. Then they legalized doe shooting along with buck season. Last week I drove from the N.Y. line to my home 136 miles at night. Didn't see a deer or a reflected eye the whole trip. License sales are down from a Million, and approaching 500,000. They say there's lots of deer. Sure are, all around Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Surveys show less that 5 deer per square mile, but they're working to get 9 per square mile. We have 1 1/4 million acres bought with hunting license sales that are supposed to be managed for hunting. However they're worried about the pole sized trees that provide nothing except branches for the tweety birds. Our land is being managed to suit the Audubon society!
  10. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

WOW that sounds like some tuff hunting.

Bill
  11. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Nice deer, Bill. It sure beats the 3pt. I got. Hunt safe, my friend.
  12. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

Thanks you to.

Bill
  13. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Congrads on the deer
  14. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

Thanks.

Bill
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice deer and good eat'in! Down this way, there are no acorns this year, or wasnt any. Last year just the opposite, an over-abundance.