My 4th Mosin....

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by NRAJOE, Apr 1, 2004.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

91/59...1938 Tula...I now have this...an M38...M44 laminate...and a 91/30...gonna start looking for that 91/30 hex receiver, then a Finn M39! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

When ya find this one Joe...Let's Dance...;)

Attached Files:

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Nice, I think you should sell it to me....:eek: :D
  4. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

Joe: get the M39 ASAP. They ain't making any more of them and the prices aren't getting any cheaper. You'll be glad you did.

Smokin': was that picture taken at the bottom of your swimming pool? Or what?
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  5. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Joe, I still sez you need an old M91 - the one with the Arshin sights and the lloonngg barrel. The Original Mosin! :cool:
  6. robsguns

robsguns New Member

Bought an M38 last Friday

.....And I've been cleaning it since then.:( The stock needs just one more, I hope, coat of Linseed Oil and it'll be finished. The floor plate was a line out serial number, wasnt suppose to be, thanks AIM, but now it doesnt have a serial number at all, curious, ;) and it even looks as if the floor plate has been worn from years of service, bluing kind of thinning, but still looks nice. The barrel didnt look too bad, kind of frosted, turns out its now the number one dirty barrel I've ever come across. The frost in the barrel is dirt, and I finally broke down and got out my home made foul out rod last night and set it to work, what a difference. It still needs more time on the rod, but its coming out cleaner quickly now, and I believe the barrel to be pristine under all that crud, I can see a shiny barrel coming out nicely in some of the cleaner areas.

Anyway, I have the M39 already, so I'm good on that one. Might pick up a 44, but I dunno, I dont really care for the bayonet on them. Maybe another M38? :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way, I spent quite a bit of time working on free floating the barrel on this M38 as well. The receiver I'll probably leave alone as far as bedding it goes, its just not that important to me to go to that much effort. Anyway, the barrel is now free floated, but it does have a pressure point at the tip of the forearm, due to the fact that relieving it is not possible, without ruining the tip on this stock. I'd have to practically remove it. Glass bedding the action might cure the problem, but hey, this IS an M38. Who knows, I might get froggy and just glass in the front lug and the rear tang mounting point, just to see what happens.
    Last edited: May 6, 2004
  7. GADeputy

GADeputy New Member

I took the liberty to adjust his photo a bit.

Better??
    [​IMG]