1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My Automatic Induction Annealing Project

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Gearheadpyro, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Hello all;

As many of you know I have become rather fascinated with annealing using induction heat. I had a thread on this forum a while back showing how I was doing it, and the results I was getting. Many of you replied enthusiastically and for that I thank you.

I am working on making an automatic machine to anneal cases (the I.C.A. 2000) and hope to be able to bring it to market in the near future. I would like to get some input from you guys on what you would be looking for in an annealer before I build/buy the next set of parts.

What cartidges do you reload? Specifically I am looking for the largest and smallest cases (including pistol) that you would/do anneal. I had considered making the machine to handle the monster 50 BMG, but I'm not sure that demand is high enough for the 50 to make it worth the diminshed performance with smaller cartridges.

What other features would you like to see in my induction annealing machine?

Any advice you offer is much appreciated as I try to develop the I.C.A. 2000.
  2. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

I think that is fantastic that you are making the annealing machine and bringing it to the market. I watched your videos and was really impressed. There is an interest on my part but I do not know to what extent...I would have to see the final cost on it. I personally would not use it on pistol, but on 308 and 30-06 I would.

If you need help, or just some advice give me a call.

Your charleston buddy....

Jeff
    843-224-6781
  3. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

I'm still developing it, don't yet have a working prototype.

The cost is still yet to be determined as I don't have a finished unit made yet.

Whereabouts in Charleston are you? Do you go out to Boggy Head any?
  4. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

Gearhead,

We talked a couple of months ago. I live in Mt. Pleasant and usually go out to twin pines rr. I actually just made a few rounds that I need to go and test out at the range this week if it warms a little. I will stay in touch if I get a chance to go.

J
  5. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Ah yes, I remember. I didn't recognize as you sent me those emails from my website. I should be headed out to boggy head on thursday and sunday.
  6. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

Thursday may be a good day for me...what time are you heading and where is it? I would assume they have tables to sit on ( although in your pics you are in prone). How far is the range(length)? Twin pines is 100yds.

Thanks

Jeff
  7. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

It's pretty much the same setup as twin ponds, with a different crowd. They have covered wood benches and a section that I shoot prone at. 100 yards with a 25 yard berm.

If you take 41 up to 402 (the blinking light) go about 10 more miles. When you come up to a crossroads sign take your next right. If you go over the train tracks you just passed it.

Might head out there at 10-ish.
  8. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

Ok...It is over on this side. I thought it was over towards Ravenal. @10 sounds good. I drive a black truck and I will see you out there around then.

Jeff
  9. jdon72

jdon72 New Member

oh yeah...If it is raining, I will probably make it a different day.
  10. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

Same here with the rain, hadn't checked the forecast. I'm in a black civic.