My baby (lol)

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/31/02 8:58:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All My baby (lol)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TLynn

velvetnsteel
    (1/31/02 10:41:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My baby (lol)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nice baby!! What are the details?

TallTLynn
    (1/31/02 10:57:11 pm)
    oops, my bad.

This is my Remington 700 in 30-06. Harris bipod and at the moment there is a Russian 3x9x40 scope on it. There will soon be a Leopold 3x9x40 scope on it instead - I just haven't found my tools (they're buried somewhere in this bedroom) to exchange them.

I've been told this is an ADL model but quite honestly there is no marking to say so. All I've found is a REF or REP mark which I haven't a clue about.

The gun is a sweet shooter, last time out I put 40 rounds through her. Have not had time since I got the bipod to take the rifle back out again. Hoping to do so in the next 3-4 weeks (provided the weather cooperates).
    TLynn

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/31/02 11:22:35 pm)
    T -

I could be wrong on this, but I am reasonably sure that the only real (not cosmetic) difference between the ADL and BDL is that the ADL has a blind magazine whereas the BDL has a floorplate that opens.

In wood stocked versions, the BDL is the more "gussied up" of the two. Other than that and the difference in magazines, they are the same critter.

As I said, I am reasonably sure on this, but I HAVE been wrong before.

cointoss 2
    (2/1/02 8:35:28 pm)
    Teresa what is your "baby's" name and what does it prefer to eat? Can't tell if it is a boy or girl, must be a boy, but correct me if I am wrong.
    cointoss2

tuckerd1
    (2/1/02 8:55:51 pm)
    You have a fine rifle ther TLynn! I like the Rem 700. Very good rifles for the money! Got a 700 ADL 30-06 myself. Fine hunting rifle.
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

WyomingSwede
    (2/1/02 9:03:05 pm)
    The mighty -06 is a good round in anyone's book. As long as you feed that baby and take her out regularly...I am sure that she will be good to you. Sweet rifle there T. swede
    Wyoming Swede

Xracer
    (2/1/02 10:01:05 pm)
    Looks like Mommy has every right to be proud of her baby.

TallTLynn
    (2/2/02 10:05:54 am)
    cointoss - never did think about naming him (lol). And yepper it is a him - all my guns are male.

Wyoming - I feed him quite regularly. Forty rounds last time I took him out (before I put the bipod on). He's expensive but worth it for sheer enjoyment.

tuckerd1 - it is a sweet rifle for shooting purposes. Though I think I'm going to need a bigger scope for anything really long range - my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

Xracer - thank you - I am proud of my baby boy!

kdub01
    (2/3/02 12:45:01 am)
    Can't go wrong with the caliber, "T" - the ol' Thutty Aught Six will take anything you'll care to tackle, from chipmunks to nasty bears! My last bull elk was taken using 180 gr slugs in my 30-06. Congrats and really enjoy!!!!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/6/02 2:14:08 pm)
    Hey, it sit's up nice, can it shake hands and roll over? How about "speak" on command?

Stupid question...do all GUYS name their guns and cars and boats and stuff after women, and women name their's after men?

Just an observation...but I always seem to refer to MOST of my stuff as "she..." Except of course my Dog, which IS a male, and my wifes Cat, who WAS a male, but now is simply referred to as "No Ba..." er...."Scaredy Cat."
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/6/02 7:08:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My baby (lol)
    Actually polish - I've named many weapons as female. Tell the truth some of them are that finicky.

This one does what he's told to do and does it well - so I knew it couldn't be female.

Now the AK on the other hand........

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/6/02 11:37:03 pm)
    Hey T if your shooting paper for fun or plinking or even a little target shooting start shopping around for your ammo. Pick up a Shotgun News or check out Cheaper than Dirt. You can get it MUCH cheaper than the gunshops and retail stores.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 12:04:20 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    warpig - only problem is they want a credit card when you do online ordering. Haven't bothered to get one - and I doubt I will.

Right now I hit the gun shows. I can usually find ammo (decent ammo at least) for the same or better since most ammo dealers online charge shipping - and Idaho is one of the more out of the way places.

Might have a friend of mine pick up some surplus .303 for me though - I'll just give him the money. Problem is he just fell in love/lust with a girl about 18 years his junior and is preoccupied right now.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/7/02 8:46:16 pm)
    Well ya can't blame him for that can ya
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 9:08:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    warpig - even though he's an opinionated asshole he's okay!

We just know not to discuss weaponry because I for one do not believe that a .243 is the only rifle I should own.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/7/02 9:45:13 pm)
    T it is a little known secret that if your first gun is a .243 then you have to buy 243 guns

Just remember anyway you justify more guns is ok with you and the rest of us.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/02 9:47:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    warpig I personally have never owned or shot a .243 and in truth have little desire to.

Funny thing is he's always saying that's the only rifle one needs yet I know for a fact that he deer/elk hunts with a 300 win mag.

SixTGunr
    (2/28/02 10:52:45 pm)
    Hey "T" ... I bet I can make this baby "look" as good as it shoots. Just a thought for later on down the road . Have a good one! Six

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/28/02 11:07:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Six - I'm sure you can! But truthfully I think I may have you do my Turkish Mauser and possibly one of my Enfields first.

If I could talk my exboyfriend out of the other Turk Mauser - it needs more help than mine I'd definitely do that then.

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>