My Bench

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by TranterUK, May 8, 2009.

1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

This, my American friends, is a (recently tidied) reloading bench. No, you couldn't do open heart surgery on it but it does the job...

Attached Files:

2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we

Looks a lot like mine! My press is on the other corner, I'm right handed.
  3. army mp

army mp Member

I have read many of your post, and often wondered how much different and difficult it must be for you to be a shooter and reloader in England. I would imagine the hoops you must jump threw to comply with British law, could be overwhelming at times.
  4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Yes indeed. I often think of giving up, in the UK at least. But I wont. I am fortunate that I have contacts in many countries and can just turn up and shoot most anywhere, (including France in the next few weeks).

Gun laws here are too stupid and too many to go into. Just as a taster, you cant buy an air rifle and have it sent by mail. When I went to buy primers, I had to show I had a gun to suite (My licence). Plastic BB guns have to be a loud colour, yellow, pink etc. unless you belong to an approved air soft club. Shotguns magazines have to be restricted to two rounds. Only ball ammo, no SP or HP without special permission. Qty held limited, typically to 500 per cal. No ammo can be purchase unless you own a gun for it.

Just a random selection, but you get the idea. :mad: And if your thinking the powers that be are just making it harder and harder to ware us down, so we do give up? I have had that figured out for years.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  5. army mp

army mp Member

I consider myself very lucky to live in a country that has the 2nd Amendment. That said it amazes me how many people take it for granted. And do not support the NRA, And some of the lame excuses gun owners give for not supporting the NRA..
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Tranter, your bench is much cleaner than mine. BTW I just love your knife holder (there in the center of the picture).
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I did wonder if anyone would notice. Full marks for observation. I just couldn't resist. :)

Actually its an Emmerson I used to carry, but use in my art studio. Its covered in paint and gets used for everything from frames to string to getting rid of hard paint around the top of tubes etc.

Not, I suspect what Ernest had in mind when he designed it :)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  8. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy TranterUK

Wow, big improvement from the last time I saw your bench,LOL it really doesn't matter, as long as you are happy with it, and it works well for you, but it does look better, and it looks like you could actually find something if you needed to.:rolleyes:

tEN wOLVES :);)
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

10. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If that's "tidied", what did "messed up" look like? :D

Also, what's with the Rorschach test? :D
  11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

First of all, ALPO. That's what mine looked like 'before' so there is hope.

I had to look at the photo to figure out what 'test' you meant. Its a pallet, no more. They are tear offs, lots of papers you just rip of the dirty and you have a new one. When I am in a hurry, like I am supposed to be right now, I can have three on the go at the same time. Trust me, art is no easy buck.
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

What's the little green boxes next to the press? They appear to be the right size for 410 shells.
  13. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115gn FMJs. 100 per box. :)
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Bullets? (I wasn't aware they sold components.) Or ammo? Looks too big for bullets, but too small for ammo, unless it's bulk-packed.
  15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Bullets for reloading, not cartridges.