My best buddy is gone, I am sad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, May 14, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I just buried my last dog "JC", I will not have any more. I have had three great dogs in my life and each one has been hard to bury but dang it this one was really hard. I am through with dogs I have one cat left, Freckles, and when she is gone there will never be another pet for me. It is to hard to loose one.
    I just needed to get this off my chest, thanks!
    Ron
    Rest in Peace
    Jade Cinderella Lee
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:( (((hugs))) i'm so sorry for your loss ron!:(
  3. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

I'm sorry man, it's tough to lose a dog, they become a member of the family and it hurts to lose them
  4. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    We lost a beautiful young Mastiff female to cancer in 98.

Had the mobile vet put her to sleep in the living room and we buried her in our pet cemetary, she was the first.

I blubbered for 3 weeks.......

My heart goes out to you my friend........
  5. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

"If there's no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"

My Grandpa used to tell me that it's only okay for a man to cry when his Mamma dies and when his dog dies. Sorry for your loss brother.
  6. Ron, my heart goes out to you. I truly do know what you are feeling right now, and I know also that there is nothing anyone can say that will make the experience any easier to bear, my friend. I've been blessed with dogs most all of my life, each one a person to me, and each a companion like no other.
  7. HiSpeed

HiSpeed New Member

Ron, sorry to hear about "JC". "Been there done that" and I won't even have a pet goldfish much less a dog anymore.
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ron, I feel for you and know exactly how you feel. Losing a dog is one of the hardest things to deal with, hang in there buddy.

This takes a moment or two to load, but it sure is good and helped me when I lost my last dog.
    LINK

Sorry to hear about your loss but be assured that God has blessed him.
  9. Texman

Texman New Member

Man,, I feel for ya,,, tough,,, We all understand,, hang in, it will get better.. I promise..
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry to hear of your loss.
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I feel your pain, Ron. Been there and done that..... Always tough on the ole system to go through.

Lovely item, Marlin. Definitely a help in these kinda times.
  12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:( I feel for you Ron. Scary how attached we get to our furry friends. When I read your post, I had to call Homer out from under the computer desk to give him a hug, & get a lick.

When my Airedale passed 5 years ago, I was a basket case for months. It sure does leave a big hole in your Heart when they are gone.

Hang in there, Brother. All dogs go to Heaven.
  13. cec

cec New Member

Sorry about losing your friend. I have also sworn off pets after losing each one. Somehow, I always find myself with another one.

I wish I could find the card one vet sent out, it captured the moment perfectly. It said something along the lines of us sharing our life with those who will not be around for all of it.
  14. iwas1ncthr

iwas1ncthr New Member

I gotta tell ya, I used to not care for cats much but one day my wife and I were at a local flea market in Jacksonville Fl and we seen this cage of 5 kittens. My wife picked one and so began the life with what became our first child. The funny thing was, when we took him to get him fixed we found out he was a pure breed Maincoon cat. Our Wiskers had a personality of a person, all animal lovers will understand this. I can remember every morning he would sprinnt across the bedroom carpet and pounch on my midsection clearing my wife to wake me up! Long story short, One day he could'nt poop or pee. We called the vet and the vet here in Massachusetts wanted $2700 just to take him and by what he told us he probebly would have to be put to sleep. He got so week, it realy started to hit us emotionaly. I ended up takeing him outside to a beautifull park where I stayed with him untile he was gone. AS a 32 year old Marine, I am not ashamed to say I cryed over our loss. We got another cat but it just is not the same and we know we will never have another Wiskers again. We understand your pain and are sorry for your loss. A best friend is just that and animals qualify for that preferance,
    Semper Fi
  15. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

sorry to hear that ron, debbie and i know what you are going through. every time we lose a pet it is like losing a child. if there is anything we can do for you and carla just let us know.
    debbie and sheldon aka bhk308 and ld45
  16. Ursus

Ursus New Member

Sorry Carla and you, Ron.
  17. tire guy

tire guy New Member

so sorry to hear of your loss. don't you wish more people would be more like dogs?
  18. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Sorry Ron. It always makes me feel like a chunk of my life has been ripped open.

The last dog we got is a rescue. You have to figure at least he's going to have a good full life as opposed to 50/50 odds or worse he'd be put down. Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all?
  19. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved JC, Ron. I have loved and buried a number of dogs in my lifetime, and it never gets any easier. The love of a dog is God's greatest gift. In time the grief over the loss JC will pass, but the memory of JC in your life will be with you forever. Hang in there, my friend, and God bless.
    Best regards, BIGBOOMER
  20. PowTex

PowTex New Member

Ron..Alot of us know something about how you suffer right now. The feeling of loss is deep and dark, but thank God it heals with time. When I lost Tugger, I didn't tell anyone for two weeks cause I knew I would lose my composure. Wait awhile and see how you feel about another companion. Sad but true that there are so many great dogs out there needing a kind master. What you bet JC would give you a top notch reccomendation...Glen