1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My best buddy is gone, I am sad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, May 14, 2007.

1. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Sorry Carla and you, Ron.
  2. tire guy

tire guy New Member

so sorry to hear of your loss. don't you wish more people would be more like dogs?
  3. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Sorry Ron. It always makes me feel like a chunk of my life has been ripped open.

The last dog we got is a rescue. You have to figure at least he's going to have a good full life as opposed to 50/50 odds or worse he'd be put down. Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all?
  4. BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER New Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved JC, Ron. I have loved and buried a number of dogs in my lifetime, and it never gets any easier. The love of a dog is God's greatest gift. In time the grief over the loss JC will pass, but the memory of JC in your life will be with you forever. Hang in there, my friend, and God bless.
    Best regards, BIGBOOMER
  5. PowTex

PowTex New Member

Ron..Alot of us know something about how you suffer right now. The feeling of loss is deep and dark, but thank God it heals with time. When I lost Tugger, I didn't tell anyone for two weeks cause I knew I would lose my composure. Wait awhile and see how you feel about another companion. Sad but true that there are so many great dogs out there needing a kind master. What you bet JC would give you a top notch reccomendation...Glen
  6. rowdyredneck

rowdyredneck New Member

I'm sorry for your loss :(
    I lost one of my best friends a few years ago, a little rat terrier. She was a family dog, my parents got her when I was about 13 years old so I grew up with that dog and have very vivid memories of her. She lived to the age of 14 until she was tragically taken when my dad accidently ran her over. Our whole family was crushed over losing her. That dog was every bit a part of our family, she travelled all over the country with my parents and I remember having her with us on vacation when I was younger. My dad felt especially guilty since he was the one who ran her over. Losing her was about as hard as the time my best friend was killed in a farm accident when I was 16.
    Last edited: May 15, 2007
  7. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Condolances to you 358. I know what you mean. Each time I've had to bury a pet it has torn me apart. I always end up getting another one, but each time I do I have a torturous sense of how much it will hurt to lose another one.
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'm so sorry, Ron. :(