The Firearms Forum banner

My Blades

7K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  ka64 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets see those Blades

Ok since Josh had to show me up, I want to see all................ :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Man i dont think Ive ever taken any pics of my collection of blades.. Ill go snap one real quick..

BTW nice collection of folders KA. I only have 1 folder as my preference is fixed blades, but that said. my folder is my daily carry and it is very well used.

#4 · (Edited)
Here they are.. I aint got a huge collection but every one has a specific purpose they they are all used for that purpose..

The Gerber paraframe.. My daily carry and used extensively. I have had that knife for almost 5 years and I have nearly sharpened an eighth inch off the blade. I oughtta get at least another 5 from that 25 dollar knife..

The Remington skinners. I bought those on clearance last sept. I really like the handle-less design makes the messy job of gutting skinning and 1/4ing a deer or hog easy to clean up..

The Buck Skinner, one of my favs.. Holds a great edge and has a very comfy rubber handle. I use that one more than I use the set of rem skinners.

The KABAR, Its the 5 incher.. Only meat ive ever cut with that one has been an inch and a half thick porterhouse cooked medium rare. I bought that beauty purely because I have always wanted one.. It took me half a damn day to put a fine edge on that excessively hard piece of steel, but I love it and wouldnt hesitate to use it for anything..

and finally, my big ol Kukri. I bought that one off the SARCO web page about a year ago. Give 20 bucks for it. Its hammer foprged out of a truck leaf spring, has a full length rat tail tang, and chops the hell outta anything youd use a machete for. I actually use it in the boat alot to cut carp up for bait. Gotta keep the blade clean and oiled tho. It will rust.

Attachments

#7 ·
all of my bklades have scary sharp edges. And that KABAR is perhaps the best of the bunch. and it damn well better be. took me prolly 4 hours to get it on there. That is some hard ass steel.

#9 ·
well I had to show mine as well.The stockman in top middle is a case with wooly mammoth ivory from Siberia.The rest are Boker,Hen and Rooster,colt,s&w and others.The one with the swastika is a WWII german parartrooper knife.the ones in the blister packs have never been opened.I love the stockmans in bone and have mainly stag but a few others in ram and water buffalo.The kentucky long rifle trapper is a display knife and not an avg pocket knife unless you Andr the giant.And that bugger is extrewmely sharp.Kinda like a pocket sword.

#11 ·
Oh hell. i forgot to take a pic of the straight razor woodnut gave me. He engraved it himself.

#13 ·
Here they are.. I aint got a huge collection but every one has a specific purpose they they are all used for that purpose..

The Gerber paraframe.. My daily carry and used extensively. I have had that knife for almost 5 years and I have nearly sharpened an eighth inch off the blade. I oughtta get at least another 5 from that 25 dollar knife..

The Remington skinners. I bought those on clearance last sept. I really like the handle-less design makes the messy job of gutting skinning and 1/4ing a deer or hog easy to clean up..

The Buck Skinner, one of my favs.. Holds a great edge and has a very comfy rubber handle. I use that one more than I use the set of rem skinners.

The KABAR, Its the 5 incher.. Only meat ive ever cut with that one has been an inch and a half thick porterhouse cooked medium rare. I bought that beauty purely because I have always wanted one.. It took me half a damn day to put a fine edge on that excessively hard piece of steel, but I love it and wouldnt hesitate to use it for anything..

and finally, my big ol Kukri. I bought that one off the SARCO web page about a year ago. Give 20 bucks for it. Its hammer foprged out of a truck leaf spring, has a full length rat tail tang, and chops the hell outta anything youd use a machete for. I actually use it in the boat alot to cut carp up for fbait. Gotta keep the blade clean and oiled tho. It will rust.
I love the Kukri,Josh .Not sure why, but I have two of them myself. they are handmade from old leaf springs like yours. One badass blade!

#19 ·
I simply do not have enough space to show them all. From the old to the new. The swords to the ones I made. To the handles, the ones I gave as gifts. To just My kitchen knives alone. Where ever you look in my house there is a blade. Walk in the front door there is a Roman sword.

There are the ones that are downstairs in tubs. I have collected edges since I got my first one. The old non descript pocket folder. It is a disease which has manifested itself into making handles....then blades.

Now I collect older guns.....They all take up less room than collecting antique furniture, cars, etc.....I would have to go through what I have stored just to remember what all I have.....I am not anal enough to catalog them either.

#26 · (Edited)
Here's my hunting knife, it was a gift from a friend that makes knives. The others are ones that my sons inherited from their grandfather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.