My buddy was shot Friday night

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Crawdaddy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

MA has a mandatory safety course you have to take prior to be issued any sort of license. It is worthless in my opinion. Of course there is also a mandatory Hunters Safety course if you want a hunting license.

I had to pay for the safety course, happy I don't have to pay for the Hunters Safety.. actually I am paying for it in licensing fees and hunters license fees now that I think of it.

I am happy your friend was not injured worse and hope the "friend" that had the negligent discharge learns rule #1 - don't point the gun at anything your not ready to destroy.

Maybe we can just do a citizens course on common sense and we can leave the .gov out of all of it.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

So do you guys at least think I'm on to something here? Would you agree that their lack of action on the safety front proves that the folks that wanna take our freedom have no real interest in the "public safety" that they claim is their #1 agenda?
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

Rule 1 every gun is loaded always, rule 2 don't point guns at people
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Their #1 agenda is manipulation and control of everyone else. The ones manipulating the sheeple don't care about safety. They only care about their own power trip. IMO.
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Easiest reply is no, to the OP's question.
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I'll support mandatory gun training right after they implement mandatory parenting classes and the issuance of a permit to have kids. Till then, I agree with the rest that there is way too much reliance on the government to run our lives.
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

Point well taken, all in all the issue does boil down to responsibility, which unfortunately is in short supply these days, IMO.
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

My last time to the range I meet plenty of people teaching themselves now a days.

So many are not handing the knowledge down for one reason or another.
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i would think anyone in their right mind who did not know anything about guns would go and find out who could show them or if there were classes. In Ct. we have to take an NRA safety course before getting permit and i am very glad i did.
  10. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Does the guy who accidently shot his buddy monkey around power lines?

he must know not to put his hand in a live breaker box? Then why would he not know to treat a weapon as tho it were loaded? Why would he point the thing at his friend? That is lack of common sense. Aint no class gona teach you that.
  11. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Yes, it does "infringe."

infringe:
    : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another​
    encroach
    : to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another​

So no! You'll not infringe upon my rights, because your friend knows stupid people.
  12. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Some people assume that they can safely handle guns, and that nothing will happen. If I was going to show a gun to someone, first thing I woul;d do is make sure it is clear, and that they can verify it. Too bad for the guy in the hospital. Hope he gets better soon. No amount of laws or regulations will ever drive the idocy out of us. That's why time spent on a range getting to know a gun is time well spent. Talking to others many times will yield some very helpful people, but not always.
  13. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

People have to take driver's education classes, driver's license tests and still thousands more are killed in auto accidents every year than gun owners. Driving a car is a privilege not a right and still thousands are killed and injured in accidents. Gun ownership is a right, not a privilege. The Government already has too many rules and regulations against stupidity. When will they ever learn, you can't fix stupid!
  14. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No amount of training will help if you don't follow the basic rule of not aiming a gun at some one you don't want to shoot. I have seen and know a lot of people that just should not handle a gun. No training would help them. Guns are not toys, they are tools.

Come to think of it I know some people that should not handle tools.